Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Keep in mind those are just my own fitting notes - I have narrow feet. I am tempted to go back and get the Vil Adelaides in brown but I don't really need brown shoes and again, the last isn't really my thing. The Carminas there were nice and about 2/3rd's the price of what Crockett and Jones bench cost here in Japan, but there was a slightly mittleeuropean shortwing, the split toe blucher, and then a kind of dainty double monk there, none really struck my fancy.

It should be noted that the fiddleback waists are kind of deceptive on these shoes - that's just a 2D pattern dyed on the sole. No real figuring. That was kind of disappointing but not surprising.

2. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

My feet are narrow, too.

I thought so about the fiddleback waists. They looked painted all this while to me in the pictures on their website. I still like the two-tone look though, so I guess it doesn't matter much to me.

3. dieworkwear

dieworkwear Senior member

Meermin does a slightly beveled waist, not fiddleback. Those have two different types of construction. The beveled waist is real; the 2D coloring is different thing.

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

I think it was because the cost was over $250 and they didn't know what the shoe trees were? Not too sure as I've never had to do anything before

5. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

gotta be about a month and a half ago? early july ish I would say.

6. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

I have a question for everybody that may have been answered, but I can't scroll through all these pages to find it.

If I just want to get these Rapello Suede captoes in the Olfe last, with a leather sole, made to Linea Maestro standards, will this be a MTO? If so, how much will this run me total? When I say total, I mean shoes, shipping, customs, everything. I would email Meermin, but it seems that it's hit or miss contacting them.

I think the Olfe is their best looking last and I wish they had more offerings in it. Hiro is too AE looking and the New Ray is too pointy.

Thanks in advance for any help.

7. chogall

chogall Senior member

Just takes time for them to go through customer inquiries. It would be just an MTO without additional fees I think. If you want to add additional design/patterns on shoes, they do charge 70 EUR MTO pattern fee. Trees are 35 EUR, shiipping 35 EUR, and Linea Maestro costs 250 EUR. Do your own math.

8. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

it is +100 Euro for an MTO regardless, not sure where the 70 is coming from... BUT if you have to create an entirely new pattern/type of shoe they haven't made yet it is 50 euro on top of that. The suede style they already have is not a new one so you will be fine.

so 250-VAT= 211, + 100=311, + 35 shipping is 346, + 35 trees = 381 euro

from there it is more expensive for shell cordovan, or some other skin, and 16 euro for steel toe taps

9. adambz

adambz Active Member

Does anyone know if they do shortwings in dark brown suede?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

10. chogall

chogall Senior member

Okay. Not going to comment too much on price, but VAT should be deducted from both trees and MTO fees. Shipping is 35 EUR.

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you're welcome.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

13. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member

Thank you to all who responded to my question. I will most likely not get shoe trees. May get the blakies though.

Meermin is most definitely the right price.

14. lesamourai

lesamourai Senior member

Well, ordered Aug 1st. Sent an email on Aug 10th to check to status and was told they were out of stock and would be shipping at the start of September, now I sent another one and was told they should be ready in ten days.

15. pazzion

pazzion Senior member

I just recieved these from Meermin. I really like how they look, and though they might be a tad too narrow at the moment I hope that they will stretch a little bit. Though I am unsure of the amount of space that forms between the two pieces of leather that holds the shoe strings. Can a bigger size fix this, or do I simply have too high of an arch on my feet?

[​IMG]