Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. bibs

bibs Senior member

anyone got an email from Pepe recently ? wanted to have something changed in my MTO early this week and he still has not replied. not sure if i should forward it to another email address

2. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^Yes, yesterday. He stated that he was traveling.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012

3. bibs

bibs Senior member

cool thanks bro, ill try again in a weeks time

4. Petepan

Petepan Senior member

I have nearly the same measurements. You are size UK 8.5 with the Hiro last.. Probably need to go UK 9 for the New Rey.

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I think he mentioned they are officially closed. This time of the year most places in europe kare closed for between 1-4 weeks for summers holidays, as are most of my suppliers. I'm sure he mentioned they would be closing for only 1 week. That said I received an email from him mid week, so they may be only replying to urgent emails (which mine was as my shoes were stuck in Spain for 11 days at TNT).

6. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

What is this business with fedex calling me because they are over $250 when I ordered 2 pairs? I have some sort of form to fill out?

7. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Import duties on shoes - sounds like they have flagged your package to me. I believe it will be 18%.

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

9. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

OK- I spoke with the lady from fedex on the phone and she actually said I wouldn't be getting charged... I will check it out though. I also emailed Luisa, more out of curiosity than anything, as I had been dealing with her on this order, and she told me Sandro was going to be taking care of it.

Meermin customer service FTW again!

10. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I didn't get charged the same day. They sent me a bill.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012

11. tkentt

tkentt Member

Has anyone else not received any news from them lately?
    I ordered two pairs of shoes just over a month ago, one being the 10172 dark brown natucalf - uk 9.5, which arrived 10 days ago, but my other pair - 101273 black calf uk 9 have not arrived yet :( I
    've tried emailing them which was a week ago, and no response....so I am not quite sure what to think. I live in Australia so it could be shipping, but as I said, I ordered both pairs at the same time, on the same invoice, and one came almost 2 weeks ago, and I received the shipping details for that one, but havent heard of any news about the black pair......HELP

12. konda

konda Senior member

^they are most likely closed for their summer vacation. And don't fret over delivery times - many times Meermin builds the pair you order from scratch so the delivery time can be 20 days or 45 days. Most likely your shoes will arrive in a separate shipment with no extra shipping charges to you. Meermin has very, very good (considering it is a Spanish company, I'd say amazingly good) customer service, but at least in my case Sandro, who is taking care of my order, didn't mention my HIRO monks are delayed until I asked her for an update on delivery times. He/she did however offer to send my 1st AMA wholecuts right away and then my monks later free of delivery charges.

skeen7908: You asked about size comparison with Loake... I'm still waiting for my HIRO last monks, but for the AMA last I can say, that at least in size UK 11.5 the AMA last would compare to a Capital/Pennine/024/026 in approx UK 11 (I'd love to say 10.75 because this is how I actually feel) in length and in width it falls somewhere around a 026 or a Pennine. The AMA IS wide. Too wide for a UK F last wearer. Then again so many people wear shoes that are too wide in fitting anyway...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012

13. Jmen

Jmen Well-Known Member

I don't think Sandro is a 'she'...

14. konda

konda Senior member

Em spaniards... go figure...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012

15. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

I'm also very pleased with the service Meermin offers.

I contacted Sandro concerning the upper edge of the tongue that is a little of a different colour. Sandro advised me to try to polish it myself using black wax or to give the shoes to a shoemaker to solve the issue and they would refund me the fee for that.