• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recall February. Original delivery was supposed to be April but factory was shut down for around 2 months

Just curious as my friend ordered a MTO pair of boots back in November last year, and he still hasn't gotten them. I was wondering if it was from the same MTO event.

Max727

Reaction score
Looking for some advice

I need some penny loafers for a wedding this Friday, and am thinking about the Meermin unlined penny loafers in the Ron last.

I’m a 10.5D in Allen Edmonds Fifth Avenues. They fit pretty good, maybe a little tight. What sizing should I go for the penny loafers? Im thinking of ordering two pairs and returning that one I don’t like, but would like to avoid that if possible. I just can’t take a chance by ordering the wrong size and not having the new pair in time for the wedding. I won’t be procrastinating like this again!!! (Lol yeah right…)

Edit: I ended up going with the UK 9’s. I kept reading about heel slippage, so I figured I’d size down a little and hope they stretch if they’re tight. Really hoping I made the right call here. My feet aren’t wide, I think they may actually be a little on the narrower side of “regular.” I thought about getting a pair of the 9.5’s as well but I heard their returns process is terrible.

Last edited:

Max727

Reaction score
Cool, expect some heel slip with any shoe that is new until the sole breaks in. I will probably end up getting the unlined in a 9UK soon. Thanks for helping out!

How did they fit?

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did they fit?
We’re these the RON? They were terrible fitting. Ended up selling for a loss. I have much better fitting loafers in a Grant Stone 9D and SoH 8UK. My feet are on the wide side, but these RON’s felt narrow and long to me

Max727

Reaction score
Noob question

Do you use shoe trees in unlined penny loafers? I have a feeling you don’t because I’ve seen a few people mention that they use a shoe tree to try stretching out their new unlined penny loafers.

Also, my new penny loafers are arriving this Thursday, and I want to wear them the next day to a wedding. I ordered them on the tighter side (9UK, I wear a 10.5D in Allen Edmonds), so I’m wondering how they will feel. I know you normally shouldn’t wear leather shoes two days in a row, but I feel I may have to this time as I want them at least a little broken-in by the next day. Any advice would be appreciated! I’m just hoping they’re the right size… 🤞

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noob question

Do you use shoe trees in unlined penny loafers? I have a feeling you don’t because I’ve seen a few people mention that they use a shoe tree to try stretching out their new unlined penny loafers.

Also, my new penny loafers are arriving this Thursday, and I want to wear them the next day to a wedding. I ordered them on the tighter side (9UK, I wear a 10.5D in Allen Edmonds), so I’m wondering how they will feel. I know you normally shouldn’t wear leather shoes two days in a row, but I feel I may have to this time as I want them at least a little broken-in by the next day. Any advice would be appreciated! I’m just hoping they’re the right size… 🤞
You should use shoe trees with unlined loafers as their main purpose isn't stretching but absorbing the moisture of your feet and maintaining their shape: unlined shoes are more susceptible to creasing.

On the other hand, your feet are probably going to suffer since it's never a good idea to do what you're going to do: wear a new pair of shoes intensely, especially with loafers, since you don't know how instep will fit.

Last edited:

sid11111

Reaction score
Noob question

I optimistically wore a GYW penny loafer (non-meermin) out of the box and destroyed my heels and toes. There is still a massive discoloured spot on my right toe from bruising under the nail due to this event which happened 4 months ago. Good luck my man.

Max727

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do to improve comfort before then?

Max727

Reaction score
I’ll just have to cover the hotspots in blister pads and hope it works out 😄

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll just have to cover the hotspots in blister pads and hope it works out 😄
You should have a plan "B", which means a spare pair of shoes, just in case. Tomorrow you will know...

Ageless

Reaction score
I finally received shipping info for my boots. These boots are from the Jan 20th preorder.
1656133989446.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads