• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Peter_QK

Reaction score
Its difficult because IB is like 650 right now after the shipping price hike IIRC, so it's a 350$ upcharge for an Ostmo pattern and last
I personally dont see whats so special that price can be 1500 other than Lars sharing his experience with communities and spending so much effort to improve with his boots. The pattern isnt a new pattern thb & last is subjective matter. Hes a darling of the boot enthusiasts but both ostmo and ostmo collab are too costly. It not like multi generation footmaking. I went a bit harsh here but I remember a few years ago he mentioned that hes made a boot for himself not having money to afford viberg that he wanted....

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally dont see whats so special that price can be 1500 other than Lars sharing his experience with communities and spending so much effort to improve with his boots. The pattern isnt a new pattern thb & last is subjective matter. Hes a darling of the boot enthusiasts but both ostmo and ostmo collab are too costly. It not like multi generation footmaking. I went a bit harsh here but I remember a few years ago he mentioned that hes made a boot for himself not having money to afford viberg that he wanted....
Lasts are often what make up a lot of the cost on the high end though. Diminishing returns are really sharp past a certain point. One of Clinch's major selling points is the lasts, it's not like they're doing MTM or anything, those are stock boots. I'm with you that 1500 is too high, his boots are iconic in the footwear world though and people are still paying that amount for a pair. The only difference is instead of say 70 people in one of his lotteries its now 15, but all he needs is 1 person willing to pay that much for a pair. His type II pattern though is unique, and its the one I want, and is still the one he doesn't make in any size except his own haha

Peter_QK

Reaction score
Lasts are often what make up a lot of the cost on the high end though. Diminishing returns are really sharp past a certain point. One of Clinch's major selling points is the lasts, it's not like they're doing MTM or anything, those are stock boots. I'm with you that 1500 is too high, his boots are iconic in the footwear world though and people are still paying that amount for a pair. The only difference is instead of say 70 people in one of his lotteries its now 15, but all he needs is 1 person willing to pay that much for a pair. His type II pattern though is unique, and its the one I want, and is still the one he doesn't make in any size except his own haha
Makes sense. Nothing against there.

iva80

Reaction score
The new MTO campaign mentions "unstructured toe". What shpuld I expect from that?
For example Hok fits me, but for my feet the toe area is a bit low (just a bit taller would have been perfect).
Should I expect that the unstructured toe would be more flexible and adapt better to my foot?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The new MTO campaign mentions "unstructured toe". What shpuld I expect from that?
The style is very popular with "streetwear" or workwear-style boots made by brands such as Wolverine or Viberg. The toes can look a bit flatter than boots with structured toes and will often collapse a bit over time, too. You can also get creasing closer to the tip of the toes of the boots.

Here's an article, with accompanying photos, that could be useful:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my waxed shearling NST’s in. The fit and finish is great, and are definitely good to go for my winter escapades.
DC4E449A-11DD-4EAD-8531-93AE57790EC5.jpeg

20FA42E4-3827-471E-954A-120FF5D1C238.jpeg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you take the regular size or did size up?
I typically wear cashmere socks with my shearling boots, which are very thick. So, I sized up a half. This is my third pair of shearlings on the HOK last, and I went 1/2 up on them all. The fit is spot in on all of them for me, YMMV.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members