• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
horween bourbon shell.
Don't think it's low stock, because it was the first time they offered it.
I suppose the stock question would best be answered by, how many pairs they’d already made by the time they got around to making your pair, not necessarily that this was the first time they offered the particular shell.

In any case, I agree that having to wait can be frustrating; unfortunately it’s an unavoidable reality of the MTO world. When you do get them they’re gonna be something special though, bourbon shell :thumbs-up:

lfzhao5

Reaction score
I suppose the stock question would best be answered by, how many pairs they’d already made by the time they got around to making your pair, not necessarily that this was the first time they offered the particular shell.

In any case, I agree that having to wait can be frustrating; unfortunately it’s an unavoidable reality of the MTO world. When you do get them they’re gonna be something special though, bourbon shell :thumbs-up:

Yea def, I don't mind waiting, just that mine MTO has been so late, and they didn't say the leather I picked was OOS or why the long wait time. Or offered any freebies like previously MTO when it was late they offered shoe tree or brush etc.

I like how meermin communicated to you that the marbled shell was OOS, therefore the longer wait.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did they really come without any pull tabs or did you remove them afterwards?
I got the punch cap jump boot MTO from late last year. I chose shearling linings and they came without pull tabs which would have been a huge bonus as with all that luscious fur inside they don’t exactly slide on! Massive oversight by Meermin there.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
I know Meermin does waxy kudu gmtos, but these builds really caught my eye this time around...most likely because I'm been thinking of adding another kudu boot.

I like the mini-lug soles on both.

zurich64

Reaction score
What’s your polish regiment.
I brush the boots after taking them off, and put in shoe trees.
Every couple of wears, I clean with a drop or two of regular leather cleaner, or saphir renovateur (very little amounts).
I apply a thin coat of wax all over, using saphir wax polish in clear or color.
Brush hard with a horse or pig hair brush.
Wax helps with rain protection. On the vamp, apply very little and remove by rubbing with a cloth

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.