• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1627633627313.gif

The synopsis of this thread’s last few pages or whenever anyone brings up EU law and Meermin seconds…better yet when anyone mentions Meermin seconds.

Meermin Seconds: A Trigger for the Frugal Subculture of SF

I’m joking everyone just ignore me.

Mirage-

Reaction score
The thing is I never even wanted to make a big fuss about it, just mentioned a fact in passing. Then they stated asking for proof of my claim and talking of defamation, then they disregarded said proof when provided, and made up "alternative reasoning" clearly unsupported by the cited law, then finally after being explained the obvious a dozen time, they decided they didn't even care about the facts anyway, as long as they could mock other people.

I am starting to see why in other threads there's talk of many old timers who left the forum due to its population of trolls.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what were those defect? I'd love to partecipate in the sales but no photo and no return (illegally) seems a sure way to get scammed.
Poor me, I said nothing provocative…..
F0837F1B-9096-40AC-9EC5-EF4722AE5355.gif

Taracta

Reaction score
I would like to read what @Meermin has to say about being repeatedly accused of illegally selling their "factory seconds", that could be considered defamatory.

On the other hand, I do agree with what you posted is what the Italian government establish about buying new items (which I assume is similar to the Spanish, as EU members), but in this case it's certainly not clear as we are talking about "factory seconds", not new items, so defects are implied:

"Factory seconds, also known as factory rejects or simply seconds, are retail items that, through minor fault of manufacture, are sold to the public for a reduced rate, rather than being discarded. Such goods are often resold at this lower rate after failing the factory's quality inspection, being returned to the manufacturer's factory by the original retailer, or (less frequently) being returned to the retailer or wholesaler by the customer".

This is what I found:

U.S.
All Sales Final policies are not prohibited under federal or any state law. As long as the policy is clear and in writing, retailers do not have to issue a return or refund except when a product is defective. If a merchant has an "All Sales Final" policy, it must be in a clear and conspicuous place in a storefront or website.

U.K.
All Sales Final policies are allowed in U.K. stores because a return policy is not required. If this is the case with your storefront or website, you must communicate limits clearly to your customers through signage or a clear policy on your website.

Canada
Like the other jurisdictions, Canada does not require that merchants accept returns or issue refunds under all circumstances. If you have an "All Sales Final" policy, it must be posted, so customers see it before they buy.
Seconds are clearly clearance items so this is a possible ways did Meermin to justify their no refund policy for the EU market.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Is anyone still waiting for shipping for the field boot MTO? I know theyre usually late, but were about to hit August now for a June expected MTO.

did you order in shell? mine according to meermin is coming in 1st week of aug

Rimaarts

Reaction score
The hiro last in the unlined loafer and split toe.

Yes I am aware, I just put it in US to simplify. I wear a 11.5 US in sneakers but normally an 11 US in GYW shoes, so I ordered an 11 US (10 UK) but they are tight around my toes, especially my small toe.
I do not have particularly wide feet. I am actually between a C and D width. However, my high arch does collapse when I stand causing a true D width and my toes need room.
So do you buy the same size as your other GYW shoes or a half size down with Meermin? I still haven't gotten any responses. Anyone own J and M, Spier, or Thursday? Surely you go up 1/2 a size from these? (and most boot companies like Grant Stone, Red Wing).
I actually just got back from the Red Wing store and the salesman tried to convince me to get a 10.5 US (1 size down from my brannock) but it was clearly too small and felt like the Meermins, so I am in 11 US in Red Wing also.
For me hiro and ron(if I remember loafer last correctly) and Elton is 11 while loake, trickers would be 10.5… so its half size up for me…

Bacharini

Reaction score
For me hiro and ron(if I remember loafer last correctly) and Elton is 11 while loake, trickers would be 10.5… so its half size up for me…
Yes that is what I found as well, thank you! I forgot the loafer is the Ron last. I decided to try Rancourt and Grant Stone to see if I could get a better last that doesn't squish my pinky toes. If I do Meermin again I will go up to 11.5 in the hiro or Ron and 11 in the hok I think.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which Loake last are you referring to? I use 6.5 with the 026 last (Kempton chukka boots) but 6 with the Capital last, which Is a little wider.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads