• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

melcahoon

Reaction score
I appreciate the tips here. I pulled the insole out and you are right - they are really thick. They fit great without an insole and I am surprised that they can be worn that way without something sticking in my foot. I may look for a thin insole, but it is going to have to be really thin to still work. I will post some photos later - but thank you for the replies! I do have a 1 size larger shoe tree and I put it in, but I have never been able to "stretch" shell to fit. Not sure about this one because this shell is so different, but I don't think a test is going to hurt so I will give it a shot. I am interested to see what these look like after a few wears. Will the rolls be the same as regular shell? I will report back.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
View attachment 1632144View attachment 1632145View attachment 1632149View attachment 1632143

If someone were to tell me that these are shell I would probably raise an eyebrow, but supposedly they are and the boots look better than I thought. They are a bit more reddish, and they don't look like CXL, CXL is a bit more yellowish/green in comparison.They are relatively easy to leave marks.

Fit wise, they fit like an actual boot (I don't know how Meermin pushes for a last like Hiro) The ROD/HOK last is definitely more comfortable. I like my boots to fit snug, so I sized down 0.5. If you don't like that, go TTS. (Brannock 9.5) and I took UK8.
Very nice boots. Congrats.

Is nice to hear that you have almost solved the size issues. I got some Bally inserts that are very very thin and helped me with some voluminous lasts,

zurich64

Reaction score
This…
I would be very surprised if one were able to stretch shell Cordovan to make a pair of shoes fit better.
Shell does stretch. You need a proper shoe stretcher, not a shoe tree. It is easy to make 0.5 size up, or a bit wider, if shoes are uncomfortable.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shell does stretch. You need a proper shoe stretcher, not a shoe tree. It is easy to make 0.5 size up, or a bit wider, if shoes are uncomfortable.
lol…1/2 size…good luck with that.

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want an unlined shell chukka from meermin. Now! I'm gen z so I should get what I want immediately

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really liking the look of the Heritage Shell Chelsea Boots. Was holding out for a brown CXL Chukka, but those hell Chelsea’s are just gorgeous. How is the Rod Last?? I am a 9E in Grant Stone Leo with thick socks, 8UK in SoH Loafer with no socks/thin socks, EU42 in Margom Sneakers, and wear a 9D in Grant Atone Alexander Last (8.5E probably would be better). Would 8UK be best as I heard the HOK last, which the ROD is based, is usually larger like the Leo.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Really liking the look of the Heritage Shell Chelsea Boots. Was holding out for a brown CXL Chukka, but those hell Chelsea’s are just gorgeous. How is the Rod Last?? I am a 9E in Grant Stone Leo with thick socks, 8UK in SoH Loafer with no socks/thin socks, EU42 in Margom Sneakers, and wear a 9D in Grant Atone Alexander Last (8.5E probably would be better). Would 8UK be best as I heard the HOK last, which the ROD is based, is usually larger like the Leo.
8.5 Rod, probably, shell don't stretch like CXL. Or 8 if you want thin socks

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8.5 Rod, probably, shell don't stretch like CXL. Or 8 if you want thin socks
I usually wear cushion DT or Icebreaker socks during FW seasons. Does anyone else have experience between Leo & ROD/HOK?

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but if this GMTO was on any other of their established round last in which I could easily figure out my sizing, I'd jump in. Thus, sadly, I'm refraining.

The waxy tobacco looks really nice and it has a commando sole which is even better.

rdugz

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but if this GMTO was on any other of their established round last in which I could easily figure out my sizing, I'd jump in. Thus, sadly, I'm refraining.

The waxy tobacco looks really nice and it has a commando sole which is even better.
Plus they are on soles that haven't been used before? Anyone have any insights on the "City Lug" or the Itshide one?

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Plus they are on soles that haven't been used before? Anyone have any insights on the "City Lug" or the Itshide one?
Damn, even better. I hadn't acknowledged it until you mentioned it, but yes, it's a new sole they're offering. Initially, I assumed it was a low-profile commando sole, but it seems very reminiscent of Alden's commando sole with a full rubber instead of a partial.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.