• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a little PSA for those interested. The Waxed Shell Cordovan Jumper Boot MTO arrived at my doorstep in Australia today. No shipping notification so had no idea it was coming. I may get a speeding fine on the way home from work. Pics to follow.
Was that the no-name-tannery $350 shell boot?

weren’t those after the custom field boot GMTO?

i sometime get confused with before and after, too early hahah

Last edited:

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that the no-name-tannery $350 shell boot?

weren’t those before the custom field boot GMTO?
The gmtos without customization choices get finished faster than the ones with. It takes a lot longer to make tons of one-offs than it does to do some batches all the same.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
The gmtos without customization choices get finished faster than the ones with. It takes a lot longer to make tons of one-offs than it does to do some batches all the same.
That was still fast for a GMTO. It seems like it was 2 months ago, props to Meermin for scaling the production line. Interested to see how these turn out.

ValooAU

Reaction score
They definitely were a surprise! I was braced for another month wait or so.

Album here

Tried to make it as daylight accurate as I could for midnight.

I like them! Very comfortable straight away, and the leather has a very interesting depth. Different in all lighting and from different angles.

It looks like they will lighten up where the wax wears off.

Last edited:

lfzhao5

Reaction score

Album here

I like them! Very comfortable straight away, and the leather has a very interesting depth. Different in all lighting and from different angles.

Curious if it get can rain spots? any micro creases when you flex like Shinki's shell?

standaloneprotein

Reaction score

Album here
I am almost certain that Meermin made those boots with the Stitchdown "Patina Thunderdome"contest in mind. (They are sponsors anyway) I wanted to participate but don't feel like paying $50 to be part of their Premium community.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Album here

Very nice, thanks for posting imagery of them. I’m guessing that mine getting to the States is imminent. I apologize if you posted about this already, but how did you size on HOK in comparison to other Meermin lasts. More importantly, how did your choice turn out?

ValooAU

Reaction score
Curious if it get can rain spots? any micro creases when you flex like Shinki's shell?
I'm curious myself. But these things are jam packed with oils and waxes so I'd be surprised. It's winter here so I'll find out shortly anyway!

No micro creases seem to be forming at all, just some what of a pull up/lightening where the toe creases.

ValooAU

Reaction score
I am almost certain that Meermin made those boots with the Stitchdown "Patina Thunderdome"contest in mind. (They are sponsors anyway) I wanted to participate but don't feel like paying $50 to be part of their Premium community.

That was actually one of my first thoughts when I got them! Almost seems like they'd be cheating for the patina thunderdome. Pity the competition only starts at the end of our winter.

ValooAU

Reaction score
Very nice, thanks for posting imagery of them. I’m guessing that mine getting to the States is imminent. I apologize if you posted about this already, but how did you size on HOK in comparison to other Meermin lasts. More importantly, how did your choice turn out?
I imagine so! Very curious to see how other pairs turn out as well.

I went TTS with HOK and got a 12 UK. I've worn 12 UK on some double monkstraps on the HIRO last, which fit me decently, albiet a bit too much heel slip. Got rid of those as they weren't my style.

These fit me very snug, which I like. They are snug across the vamp, and I have just enough room to wiggle my toes, so I'm glad I didn't size down. Width wise they're pretty spot on, and the flex point seems like it's in a great spot. Very little to no heel slip straight out the box. I've worn them with light-medium thickness merino wool socks so far.

It's probably worth noting that these do come with the removable memory foam insole which I've kept in. I feel like if I needed some more room for some very thick socks, I could just pop those out. Time will tell how much they give and form to the foot however!

I'm usually a standard 12 UK (13 US), and I wear a 12 (US) E (wide) in Grant Stone Leo last, a 12.5 (US) in Thursday Boots, and a 12G (AU/UK) in RM Williams for reference.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Is it just me or does the nap make it look more like a waxed suede than shell?

It doesn't remind me of waxed suede, but it is slightly reminiscent of smooth chamois. It looks great tho. I have a pair of boots in Guidi calf and it has a very fine nap to it similar to yours.

Contango

Reaction score
Any experiences with the Jim last, specifically compared to Elton?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.