• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Usonian

Reaction score
It's the scuffed cherry, and they didn't turn out great color wise. I have no idea why meermin thought it was a good idea to do bright for the toes and dark for the quarters, but it was their first attempt at this and they aren't known for this kind of thing either. They fit well though. I was hoping to wear boot socks with them and sticking with my normal UK size worked out.
might have just been a dogshit clicker, cause while I would agree with you regarding where the dark v light should go, I think overall that's actually a really nice couple pieces of leather and a solid boot overall.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
might have just been a dogshit clicker, cause while I would agree with you regarding where the dark v light should go, I think overall that's actually a really nice couple pieces of leather and a solid boot overall.
Yeah no the boots themselves are good. Some loose threads which is par for the course and they fit great. Solid product, silly execution on the color haha.

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
Yeah no the boots themselves are good. Some loose threads which is par for the course and they fit great. Solid product, silly execution on the color haha.
Yes, they should have selected / dyed the leather used for the fronts more carefully. As they are not as bad in the 2nd pic as in the 1st pic posted, but it still isn't nowhere near the promo pic Meermin provided for the Sherry MTO imo. I wouldn't have been happy to receive this kind of an execution that is a shame since the model and cherry as a color option seemed to be great at a first glance.

standaloneprotein

Reaction score
If these had just been a bit more uniform they would have been great. I gotta figure out how to even up the lighter portions. In bright light the contrast gets even stronger.
You could buy some leather dye -Fiebings Mahogany or british tan (dilute it with 1:10 alcohol) and use a brush to mimic some form of patina. Don't forget to mask (twice) the stitching.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, they should have selected / dyed the leather used for the fronts more carefully. As they are not as bad in the 2nd pic as in the 1st pic posted, but it still isn't nowhere near the promo pic Meermin provided for the Sherry MTO imo. I wouldn't have been happy to receive this kind of an execution that is a shame since the model and cherry as a color option seemed to be great at a first glance.
Yeah the promo was great, I took a gamble and it wasn't great, probably going to figure out dyeing them to even them out somewhat at some point when I can be bothered to get around to it.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Seeing these pics of scuffed shell made me realize holding out was the right choice, personally. I was really tempted by the wingtip variation. Nice looking boots tho.
Can’t wait for my horsebutt boots.

Usonian

Reaction score
honestly my basic ass is over here looking forward to my unlined taupe suede wholecut loafers. Y'all enjoy your shell, it all looks good from over here; I'm just hoping I don't end up with some pale chewbacca loafers. I'll wear em anyway, I'll be the only one to notice in real life if they are gross.

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
honestly my basic ass is over here looking forward to my unlined taupe suede wholecut loafers. Y'all enjoy your shell, it all looks good from over here; I'm just hoping I don't end up with some pale chewbacca loafers. I'll wear em anyway, I'll be the only one to notice in real life if they are gross.
with wear they'll darken.....and....I don't remember what thread exactly, but another member darkened their taupe-like boots with coffee grounds and they looked great.

zurich64

Reaction score
Seeing these pics of scuffed shell made me realize holding out was the right choice, personally. I was really tempted by the wingtip variation. Nice looking boots tho.
Can’t wait for my horsebutt boots.
I am also happy that I did not buy these cordovan experimental boots. Boots themselves look fine, but I would have spent a lot of time coloring these to a dark tan or cherry.

Looking forward to normal burgundy or cherry cordovan boots in the next MTOs.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, shaved/marbled/scuffed shell ain’t for the faint of heart. If you don’t want variation, best stay away from it. If one goes into it expecting marbled calf results, probability’s high one is going to be disappointed.
For guys like me, the variation offered by this type of shell, is what we want and expect.

Last edited:

sicigpat

Reaction score
Hi all
My black scuffed shell arrived a few days ago. Definitely much lighter than I expected. Uppers are a bit darker. I thought they would be more black .

Attachments

sicigpat

Reaction score
I should add that I do like the variation, and received a ton of compliments when I wore them to work.

apd90700

Reaction score
To anyone, do we know if both the classic and maestro line use plastic heel stiffeners? Are both lines difficult to break in?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all
My black scuffed shell arrived a few days ago. Definitely much lighter than I expected. Uppers are a bit darker. I thought they would be more black .
Whoa, those results would have definitely surprised me, and a welcome one at that. I didn’t order, because I thought they’d be much darker. If I’d known they were going to look like this, I’d have ordered. Very 👍🏽

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To anyone, do we know if both the classic and maestro line use plastic heel stiffeners? Are both lines difficult to break in?
I believe the only time leather heel counters were used was that limited norwegian boot run they stopped advertising.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.