• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AnticClay

Reaction score
Honestly, if Meermin is finding a way to effectively upcycle "less-than-first" quality shells into a new product at a reduced price, I'm here for it.

For one, it makes more efficient use of a limited resource. Second, there have been *plenty* of instances where an industry looked at byproducts or cast-offs and created products that either stood in their own right or even totally eclipsed the parent product.

I think waxing is a novel, intelligent, and attractive way to go with this. A beat up waxed leather that patinas but doesn't crease seems like a great angle to take for shells that aren't deemed fit for the "prestige" of glazed cordovan.

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Yesterday arrived a pair of suede boots from Meermin.

Model: NST Boot
Sole: Commando / Ithside
Last: HOK
Welt: 360

The boot is very well made, I believe that the version in suede I got is unavailable. It seams that will take some patience to break in.

IMG_5362.JPG
IMG_5363.JPG
IMG_5365.JPG

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What last is similar to the Elton last but with a wider toe box?

iva80

Reaction score
Similar to another poster, I also have a pair of the suede ultraflex shoes on the ROD last, although I have a pair of bluchers, rather than chukka boots. I have a couple of pairs of boots on the HOK last.

I take the same size - UK9 - in both lasts.

When I initially received my ROD shoes, they felt a bit snug and I was concerned that I should have gone up half-a-size. However, after a couple of hours of wearing them, they softened up and the innersole compacted a bit and now the fit is brilliant - if I'd gone up half-a-size, they would definitely have been too big for me once they softened up.

The HOK boots, on the other hand, were fine from the very beginning. HOK is a more voluminous, or generous, last which is both longer and has more room around the foot.
you mean hok feels both longer and more voluminous than rod?
Do you also own other meermin lasts?

Thanks

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes Meermin to restock shoes? I want to order the gold museum double monks for a wedding I’m going to in late June. Are they generally responsive if I ask?

I’m a 8.5D in AE 5 last, 8 in Carmina Rain, 8 in Carmina Inca. Would a 8 in the ROI be the best fit?

Last edited:

H. E. Pennypacker

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes Meermin to restock shoes? I want to order the gold museum double monks for a wedding I’m going to in late June. Are they generally responsive if I ask?

I’m a 8.5D in AE 5 last, 8 in Carmina Rain, 8 in Carmina Inca. Would a 8 in the ROI be the best fit?
Fairly quick from what I have seen relative to this niche, but if you're on a time schedule then I'd email them. It seems like Meermin is currently overhauling their offerings alluding to their recent sale, so it can be an offering they're planning to restock.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Anyone alive in this thread? My research has led me to say it would be the HIRO and the RIU. But opinions welcomed.
Similar how? Elton is pointy(meermin version of chisel?) while hiro is almond… but “I” would take same size in both….

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
Anyone alive in this thread? My research has led me to say it would be the HIRO and the RIU. But opinions welcomed.
I own all three of them, Elton, HIRO and RUI. I'd say HIRO and Elton are both narrow lasts and have less toeroom compared to RUI. RUI is by far the roomiest and the most comfortable last of these.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy