• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys who else is excited for the door bell to ring right now waiting for marbled shell
Did yours ship? Meermin never gives me shipping notifications....

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Were you wearing thick or thin socks?

Thank for your inputs btw :)
Not a problem, glad to help. Mazarin, sorta normal thickness cotton socks. With thick wool socks like Dore Dore cashmere ones, they’re still to wide.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did anyone get a confirmation email or a confirmation page instantly from the recent custom event?

I always get at least a confirmation page from Meermin. I have 2 pending charges from them, yet no confirmation email nor did I get the confirmation page.

This was a few minutes ago, so I'm wondering if it's bc I surpassed the 'deadline', but usually, with Meermin this has never been the case. The GMTO generally goes for a longer time than the stated time.

@Meermin

lfzhao5

Reaction score
did anyone get a confirmation email or a confirmation page instantly from the recent custom event?

I always get at least a confirmation page from Meermin. I have 2 pending charges from them, yet no confirmation email nor did I get the confirmation page.

This was a few minutes ago, so I'm wondering if it's bc I surpassed the 'deadline', but usually, with Meermin this has never been the case. The GMTO generally goes for a longer time than the stated time.

@Meermin

I didn't get anything either paid 2 days ago.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Meermin
I got confirmation on both of mine, I did order before the deadline.. In the past I have not received confirmation, in those cases I send them an email. They’ve always replied with confirmation. Another helpful thing is to always save the payment screen as a pdf, that way you have a proof of receipt, with confirmation number and order number.

joman8390

Reaction score
Every time I’ve ordered from one of these custom events I’ve had a delayed order confirmation, usually it comes 2 or so days later.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got confirmation on both of mine, I did order before the deadline.. In the past I have not received confirmation, in those cases I send them an email. They’ve always replied with confirmation. Another helpful thing is to always save the payment screen as a pdf, that way you have a proof of receipt, with confirmation number and order number.
I normally don't mind if I don't get a confirmation email, as long as I get the payment confirmation page, but this time I was taken immediately to their landing page as if I didn't make a purchase which was worrisome.

After posting my comment, I sent Meermin an email and they replied within 2 hours which was shockingly fast. Everything was rectified :)

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I normally don't mind if I don't get a confirmation email, as long as I get the payment confirmation page, but this time I was taken immediately to their landing page as if I didn't make a purchase which was worrisome.

After posting my comment, I sent Meermin an email and they replied within 2 hours which was shockingly fast. Everything was rectified :)
Yep, that has happened to me before as well, I was like, wth. But, just as you experienced, they responded to my email very quickly.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, that has happened to me before as well, I was like, wth. But, just as you experienced, they responded to my email very quickly.
What did you order?

I went with Maryam's toscanello horsebutt. I was tempted to give the dr sole raw cord (1122 sole) another chance, but the soles are uncomfortable as it is already and paired with Meermin's rigged-ness, I'm not a masochist at heart so optioned for the dainite-like sole.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did you order?

I went with Maryam's toscanello horsebutt. I was tempted to give the dr sole raw cord (1122 sole) another chance, but the soles are uncomfortable as it is already and paired with Meermin's rigged-ness, I'm not a masochist at heart so optioned for the dainite-like sole.
Oh nice, that should patina very nicely. I really like all of the horse butt pairs I own, horse butt is one of my favorite leathers for boots.

I initially went with the marbled green shell, I’ve been wanting to give that leather a go for a while now. Then, after thinking about it decided that Horween hatch grain was too good to pass on, so I got that too.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh nice, that should patina very nicely. I really like all of the horse butt pairs I own, horse butt is one of my favorite leathers for boots.

I initially went with the marbled green shell, I’ve been wanting to give that leather a go for a while now. Then, after thinking about it decided that Horween hatch grain was too good to pass on, so I got that too.
I’m late to the horsebooty wagon, but I’m excited for this pair for that exact reason.

That hatch grain was really tempting.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m late to the horsebooty wagon, but I’m excited for this pair for that exact reason.

That hatch grain was really tempting.
I hope they add more colors of the HBs and hatchgrain. I'm always waiting for literally anybody to start stocking horween Zug that doesn't want to charge me 1000+ for it as well

*nudge nudge wink wink @Meermin

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too hung over and lazy to wear laced footwear today.

Wholecut cognac hatch grain from Haas. I actually think the GMTO was done around this time last year. The flash made them appear more orange than they are
06316CB1-2399-44AC-B43E-0FE225A1CEAB.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads