• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

killer121

Reaction score
I have a question about the shell shoes I received from meermin. The left shoes creases perfectly to line up to my metatarsal point, but the right shoe does not, when i tried it, it self crease just below the cap toe that creates a fold, when I walk it scrape against my ball joint.

Kinda of like this picture Left shoe is a big crease across the ball joint, but right is creasing all over the place

Is this normal?

Also the inside of my right shoe is burnt? I can feel craters near the toe area.
The crater in the toe area seem to be an issue with their lasting method, haappen to all of my meermin shoes,
Am interested in any one figuring how that happen

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Ok guys I have figured out the creasing issues.

I've aligned both pair together, the brogue cap toe is misaligned, the right is lower by 4-5mm or so.

At the point where i am having issues, the left shoe do not fold in that area because there are no cap toe there. While the right shoe it forced creases when I flex.

This really sucks :(

Anyone know a good way to start the return process with meermin?

Attachments

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, was this for both feet? I am just getting this for the right, left is perfectly fine.
Based on your photo, both creases indicate IMO they are too long. Your right admittedly looks worse, I think most people’s feet are two different lengths, at least mine are.
But to your question, as I mentioned the creasing was extremely similar, but the intense pain was primarily on my dominant foot the right.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've aligned both pair together, the brogue cap toe is misaligned, the right is lower by 4-5mm or so.

At the point where i am having issues, the left shoe do not fold in that area because there are no cap toe there. While the right shoe it forced creases when I flex.

The thing with misaligned caps is when do you stand like that? Realistically no one will ever notice it.

Dan_Rou

Reaction score
I am looking for some help on which size to keep! I can move this if it is not appropriate here. I recently ordered a couple of black cap-toe oxfords in the Hiro last for my upcoming wedding. I don't have much experience with good year welted dress shoes so I could use a little advice on which to keep.

I ordered a 5.5 and a 6 to try on. The 5.5 is a little tight around my metatarsal but feels fine everywhere else. Would this eventually stretch a bit? The 6 feels good everywhere but I am a little worried that they are too long even though my foot doesn't slide around at all. My measurements may not be the greatest since I did them myself but here is what I measured for my feet. Also attached is a picture of my left foot with a US Brannock device.

Thanks in advance for any help!

My FeetHiro size 5.5 UKHiro size 6 UK
Width90 mm90 mm91 mm
Girth226 mm228 mm231 mm
Foot length239 mm249.1 mm253.4 mm
Shoe length269.1 mm273 mm

Edited: Changed Rois last to Hiro last.

Attachments

Last edited:

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just my opinion, but that is such a minuet variation that I don't think meermin will take them back. I've seen caps way worse than that over in the Viberg thread.

Mercurio

Reaction score

I doubt that Meermin will accept a return on that: you must remember that it is an “entry-level” brand. Maybe if they were Crockett & Jones you would have a point, even though controversial.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m likely to jump in on the custom unlined loafers offering.
I have several Meermins in various lasts. All are 7.5. My usual US size is 8.5.
Anyone have any advice on keeping the same size or sizing down by a half as they are unlined?

What’s the advantage of unlined? Anyone who has them - were you happy with them? Any other comments appreciated - thanks!

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m likely to jump in on the custom unlined loafers offering.
I have several Meermins in various lasts. All are 7.5. My usual US size is 8.5.
Anyone have any advice on keeping the same size or sizing down by a half as they are unlined?

What’s the advantage of unlined? Anyone who has them - were you happy with them? Any other comments appreciated - thanks!
For what it's worth I size up from uk 8 Ron tassel to uk 8,5 hiro for my Unlined String Loafers.
I suggest you to order your usual size.

This event is great, I'll order another string in dark brown alicante suede.

IMO the unlined loafers are the best shoes meermin can offer, they look stunning and looks like a superior shoe compared to regular models, because they solve the real meermin problem: they don't have the very cheap, thick and annoying plastic stiffeners, a real pain to break in.

My pair:
DSC_3553.JPG

DSC_3595.JPG

Last edited:

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I size up from uk 8 Ron tassel to uk 8,5 hiro for my Unlined String Loafers.
I suggest you to order your usual size.

This event is great, I'll order another string in dark brown alicante suede.

IMO the unlined loafers are the best shoes meermin can offer, they look stunning and looks like a superior shoe compared to regular models, because they solve the real meermin problem: they don't have the very cheap, thick and annoying plastic stiffeners, a real pain to break in.

My pair:
View attachment 1561991

View attachment 1561992
Do these hurt your feet? It looks like the right foot pinky area is too big for the last and spilling over the welt. Had this issue with my RON loafers and sold them

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do these hurt your feet? It looks like the right foot pinky area is too big for the last and spilling over the welt. Had this issue with my RON loafers and sold them
No absolutely, they are 100% super comfortable since first wearing.
The "pinky spilling" is pretty common with any unlined shoes in soft leathers.

My Ron tassel took months to be comfortable, totally different shoes.

Usonian

Reaction score
all, does anyone have any pictures of the italian burgundy shell they're offering?

thinking of getting that made up in a wholecut slipper, also thoughts on that make up or if anyone has any images to share.

thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 4 10.3%