• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sarteaga

Reaction score
Does someone here have a pair unlined loafers for sale on Grailed? Trying to purchase them but grailed is being stupid.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much smaller selection on the US site, too.

Yes, I'm not so bothered by pricing differences - after all, that's pretty common across brands and can take into account inventory management, taxes and various other factors (as well as profit, of course!). The thing that irritates me is the way that the same model will be in stock on one Meermin site, but out of stock on another Meermin site.

As an example, the brown shell blucher mentioned above is in stock on the US website, but when I change to the International website and select Australia, it's out of stock. That's not the first time that has happened, either, as I've seen it a few times with different pairs.

LMendo

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of unlined loafers on the RON last. I have a pair of oxfords from meermin in the ROIS last size 9UK, which are a little tight in the toe area but fit very nicely otherwise. How does the RON last compare to the ROIS last?

Webbo

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a pair of unlined loafers on the RON last. I have a pair of oxfords from meermin in the ROIS last size 9UK, which are a little tight in the toe area but fit very nicely otherwise. How does the RON last compare to the ROIS last?
My experience is that Ron is a narrow last, even with the flexibility of the unlined loafer.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the brown soft calf unlined loafers in the RON last. The last is definitely a narrow last. I find my foot, which is a US D width, to be just on the brink of too narrow. I would normally go 0.5 size down to accommodate a loafer, with these I definitely could not otherwise it wouldn't fit in width for me.

Ladislav

Reaction score
Does somebody has experience with the NOD last?
I have.
Does somebody has experience with the NOD last?
Have the loafers model 114409 in EU 8-42. Mostly I’m somewhere around these size with 27,2(3) feet’s length. Would say quite comfortable after I fought with the brake in plus my foot found a proper position (but I also have small orthopedic element supporting my arch inserted). Have to say, I use to have trouble with the fit. Often I do stretch or go with this orthopedic inserts. Overall, I would say these are good shoes. Have them in light suede and dark brown.

Hamiste

Reaction score
Already sold out I'm afraid. I came back a bit later for a 10 UK and it was gone. :(

I only hope these aren't discounted factory defects, or "returns" (the eBay store has been offline for a while).

Fyi, I don't think they have advertised this before, but these Cigar shell bluchers are readily available as part of the "Linea Maestro" line:

I am afraid you might be right about these possibly second hand shoes since a lot of shoes are former MTO. I tried my chance with 3 pairs with 2 cordovan...

Konnor

Reaction score
If I take a 7.5 in Hiro and Ron, what should I take in the Jim? I was considering going up .5, because they are laced and not loafers.

Last edited:

LMendo

Reaction score
My experience is that Ron is a narrow last, even with the flexibility of the unlined loafer.
I have a pair of the brown soft calf unlined loafers in the RON last. The last is definitely a narrow last. I find my foot, which is a US D width, to be just on the brink of too narrow. I would normally go 0.5 size down to accommodate a loafer, with these I definitely could not otherwise it wouldn't fit in width for me.

Thank you for the replies, but it seems like they are already out of stock in the sizes that I would consider.

Last edited:

konstantis

Reaction score
Could any exprerience member advise me about the fit of New Rey last ? I wear 9UK in almost all Meermin's last but i have never purchased the New Rey ? Thank in advance.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have.

Have the loafers model 114409 in EU 8-42. Mostly I’m somewhere around these size with 27,2(3) feet’s length. Would say quite comfortable after I fought with the brake in plus my foot found a proper position (but I also have small orthopedic element supporting my arch inserted). Have to say, I use to have trouble with the fit. Often I do stretch or go with this orthopedic inserts. Overall, I would say these are good shoes. Have them in light suede and dark brown.
Nice! I was thinking to go with 9UK since according to Meermin is a narrow last. The chukkas I have are on the Hiro, I went 9UK they feel good and don't know if I could go with 8.5UK. The length of your feet, is it measured with drawing the outline with a pencil?

konstantis

Reaction score
I think that according to Meermin that is a very very narrow last, I think you'll need to size up at least half a size.
Thank you for your reply . My concern is that if i size up a half size the length maybe is too big because me feet is about 27-27.2 cm .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads