• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

konstantis

Reaction score
Hi to all the members. I have just received my Horween chromexcel leather loafers in the new ultraflex system. It was from the past MTO group. At size 9 U.K a little roomy for me.

Attachments

• 24891FF5-7FF2-49AC-9494-6F59EF49CCAC.jpeg
    24891FF5-7FF2-49AC-9494-6F59EF49CCAC.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 68DBFDD7-DBBC-47FE-9E2A-BA79F670E698.jpeg
    68DBFDD7-DBBC-47FE-9E2A-BA79F670E698.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 112

tbaja27

Reaction score
Anyone receive their May MTO order yet? Contacted Meermin 3 weeks ago and they said 15 days to ship. It's now been 3 weeks still nothing.

Ordered the NSTs on the HOK last in May at some point. Haven't received a shipping notification yet.

VaNeT

Reaction score
Anyone receive their May MTO order yet? Contacted Meermin 3 weeks ago and they said 15 days to ship. It's now been 3 weeks still nothing.
No, ordered Burgundy Calf Penny Loafers at 20th of May

lcdx22

Reaction score

officine

Reaction score
Hi to all the members. I have just received my Horween chromexcel leather loafers in the new ultraflex system. It was from the past MTO group. At size 9 U.K. I am interested to sell them because they are a little roomy for me. Shoes have been delivered to today and they have never been worn. Price will be lower than the site’s price. If anyone is interested please contact me. Thanks.
Sorry to hear it. These are not my size, but wanted to get some feedback on ROD last if possible. How would you compare to HIRO? Would you go half or full size down? Thanks.

konstantis

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. These are not my size, but wanted to get some feedback on ROD last if possible. How would you compare to HIRO? Would you go half or full size down? Thanks.
I think I would go half a size down from hiro. There is no such a big difference for a whole size.

officine

Reaction score
I think I would go half a size down from hiro. There is no such a big difference for a whole size.
Thank you. Given it is unlined and has removal insole this makes sense.

Other than the sizing issue did you like them? Is the ultraflex system as comfortable as advertised?

konstantis

Reaction score
Thank you. Given it is unlined and has removal insole this makes sense.

Other than the sizing issue did you like them? Is the ultraflex system as comfortable as advertised?
Yes it is super comfortable and super soft. But I prefers the traditional Goodyear welted even thought they are hard to break.

SAlexD

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help my with sizes based on measurements/Brannock size? I'm considering the Linea Maestro cap toe oxfords based on the their DANI last. I don't have any Meermin yet, so i have nothing to compare with. I tried getting a sense here in the forum, but most people mainly list their size relative to another brand and not their measurement, which doesn't really help unless you happen to have the exact same shoe :(.

My foots measurements are:
Left: 266 mm length, 250 mm girth and 100 mm width, which i believe equates to a Brannock 9.5D .
Right: 258 mm length, 250 mm girth and 100 mm width, which i believe equates to a Brannock 9E

If i go true to size on my largest foot then i should choose a size UK 8.5. They say that a DANI is comparable to the ROIS, which based on their sizing guide means that i have to size up to a UK 9 to get a girth of 250 mm, but i'm afraid of swimming in too large a shoe as the foot length is 277 mm :confused:.

Does anybody have any practical experience with the DANI last? Thanks.

gbandi

Reaction score
Can someone comment on how the sizing worked on Meermin unlined. I wear TTS (snug) on Ron, Hiro and Elton. Heard the unlined loafers run large. Will be wearing these without a sock

Neo1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Probably not going to pull the trigger as I've bought way too much lately, but wanted to ask while the topic is fresh. These are a killer makeup imo.

If I'm a 7D across the board on AEs welted loafers and a 6.5D of the GS Traveler, would you say I needed a 6UK or a 5.5UK? Usually if something is super flexible at the vamp with little to hold me in I have a hard time with D-widths and have gone down to a B. Thanks!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone comment on how the sizing worked on Meermin unlined. I wear TTS (snug) on Ron, Hiro and Elton. Heard the unlined loafers run large. Will be wearing these without a sock

I can't talk about loafers, but I bought the unlined plaintoe suede bluchers that were offered a couple of months ago on the ROD last.

I take a UK9 in virtually everything, including loafers, and I took a UK9 in the ROD last with the unlined bluchers. I'm glad that I did as they fit very well. They were quite snug at first and I was a bit alarmed that they would be too small, but after I wore them a few times they stretched out a little and there's more room to move. Obviously, if I was to remove the padded insole, there would be more room.

Sinbios

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Berwick 1707? How does Meermin compare?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads