• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally worked through the sizing inconsistencies with these Meermin Captoe shearling’s.
EEBFF50E-584D-4E79-8CD5-29CEA8416324.jpeg

A887B7D1-1EB6-4427-8DA5-B038A4C8697B.jpeg

Idesofmarch17

Reaction score
Okay sizing question - I have loafers in 8uk but they are too big to wear without socks. I also have the Chelsea softcalfs in 7.5 but they are pretty tight on the toe box. I’m thinking about the shell mto but want to get the sizing right. Any advice?

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Look at the lasts and general advice regarding these. The Chukka Cordovan MTO is on the HOK last which is considered really generous. General idea would be 7.5 but 7 could work too.

mux8

Reaction score
New MTO drop...and this one is a real winner. Lovely selection.

WSB17

Reaction score
Yes, nice selection.
I'm torn between the dark brown alpine calf and the aubergine naturcalf one, for the Norwegian blucher.

mux8

Reaction score
Yeah I really wish the photos were better for the Alpine Calf

mux8

Reaction score
Does anyone else find the Jim Last reprehensible. I would love to order the brown chukka, just not in the Jim last...

mux8

Reaction score
Yes, nice selection.
I'm torn between the dark brown alpine calf and the aubergine naturcalf one, for the Norwegian blucher.

Dark brown alpine calf option is more casual and can be dressed up or down. But at the same time the Aubergine is a very pretty color. I'm however partial to brown...I might chose the alpine but I'm not sure too.

WSB17

Reaction score
Dark brown alpine calf option is more casual and can be dressed up or down. But at the same time the Aubergine is a very pretty color. I'm however partial to brown...I might chose the alpine but I'm not sure too.
Yes, I'm leaning towards the dark brown alpine.
Also because I have never tried this leather before. The rubber outsole is another plus.

Darkkp

Reaction score
I am selling a brand new navy suede size 11UK NST Boot on the HOK last if anyone is interested. I just received them and the fit is not great on me.

J-F-O

Reaction score
I am selling a brand new navy suede size 11UK NST Boot on the HOK last if anyone is interested. I just received them and the fit is not great on me.
Hi, what is the issue with the sizing? Thanks

Darkkp

Reaction score
Hi, what is the issue with the sizing? Thanks
When I ordered these I thought that I was an 11.5D US and following some advice here I ordered the size 11 UK. I have since come to realize that I am actually a size 12D US and these turned out a bit short for me. An 11.5 UK pair would have fit me better.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I"m considering the Linea Maestro myself. Would you pick these over a Carlos Santos or Cobbler Union? Or are they not as good as those brands? The price, hand welting and JR soles look good on paper.
Go with Cobbler Union. Support a good Atlanta business! (Also their shoes are great, so are the people)

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would be curious to know how many StyleForum members own multiple pairs of Meermin, and are overall satisfied with their quality and performance regardless of price point. I know sometimes the reviews and concerns in this thread can lead some to believe StyleForum represents a higher percentage of Meermin's customer base than reality.

Some follow the quality over quantity ideology, but I'm aware not everyone can or wants to spend $300+ for a pair of shoes...
I own like five pairs that I bought in the store. (It's shameful...) I am generally happy. Honestly the leather is good enough. The only time someone will notice the leather isn't as nice is *maybe* at a SF meetup but even then.... I have one pair where the insoles when you walk will squeak like crazy as your toes grip during the walking motion. Also the outer soles on every one are incredibly slippery. I would strongly strongly recommend anyone buying Meermin to get their soles covered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics