Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

Thanks!!!

2. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

I concur. When I placed my order and paid my money it took approximately 2-3 weeks to get a shipping notification via e-mail and 3 or 4 days later I received my shoes. I believe definitely worth the wait. the only thing I didn't like was getting dinged by Fed Ex... they really pad those fees!

3. Jmen

Jmen Well-Known Member

Wow, I just saw a photograph on the Meermin blog of your finished shoes, they look really gorgeous!

[​IMG]

4. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

[​IMG] I lol'd.

That is a fantastic make-up. May have to duplicate one day... The FGU Monk... [​IMG]

5. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

They really look great; I especially like the steel toe caps. [​IMG]

6. quuz

quuz Senior member

Anyone else bugged by the fact that the shoe lace holes seemes to be very far spread from each other?

7. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

Yeah i just saw these too! Im pretty happy how they look! Cant wait til they arrive

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

+1. I think that is my next purchase.

9. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Fit is good. I don't have a lot of other brands to compare with however the shoe is to your typical long nose dandy style.
    I am a UK12 and I ordered these in a UK12.
    I have a widish foot, a narrow shoe would cause me problems, and these fit very well.

Be warned, I wore they for the first time yesterday and they DESTROYED the back of my foot.
    20mm patch of skin missing on my right foot and the left just has the skin intact.

The shoes are very stiff and I advise the thinest socks you got during the break in process.
    I wore thick socks and am now regretting it.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Appreciate it. I've got a somewhat wide foot on the border between a D and E in U.S. sizes and the apprehension that the Olfe last will be too narrow has kept me from pulling the trigger thus far.

11. DreStylez

DreStylez Member

How come some people from the US are being charged the customs fee when others are not???

12. Romp

Romp Affiliate Vendor

customs is country dependent

australia only charges tax + customs for goods >$1000 ... i think we have one of the highest thresholds in the world.

13. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Totally. but the question was why is it that some people in the US seem to receive orders unscathed by customs, while others aren't as lucky.

I have two pairs about to be shipped and I can say I'll look forward to receiving them even more if I can avoid being dinged by customs on them.

14. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

It is total luck. When Fed Ex, UPS, USPS, TNT, whoever bring shipments in to the country, all the goods stop at a port of entry with a US Customs inspection facility. Customs does not have the time nor the resources to inspect every single package. For the individual packages that are not identified as requiring duties (i.e.: when Walmart brings a container of stuff in from China, they are not going to escape customs; therefore, they have already declared and paid the duties), Customs inspects a sample, and they make a determination on the spot.

It is totally random. It is not the fault of the shipper (Meermin). It is not the fault of Fed Ex, UPS, et al - they are just the middlemen. And there is also no one shipper that is "better" or "worse" than the others for this.

If you order goods from overseas, you just have to take your chances.

End of rant.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  15. poorman

poorman Senior member

Ahh...so that's how it works. I always wondered if it depended on which state you lived in.