• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not understand what is that nail doing there (usually they use them to attach the heell block and cut the tip off ). I seems it has been done on purpuse to damage someones foot. No QC at all in this case.

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Dear All,

This is regarding the loafers with a sharp metal object protruding through the footbed (please see attached picture). To my dissatisfaction, Meermin has made the decision to only refund a portion of the shipping cost.

"Thank you for your message.

We regret to inform that we are only able to proceed with the refund of 175$ + shipping costs to our NY store, the 35$ cannot be refunded because the shipping & handling has been already done.

In addition, we kindly ask for the shipping costs invoice so we can share it with our finance department and prepare the refund.

Thanks again for your interest & please just let us know if you need any further assistance"

This is despite my repeated emphasis on the severe nature of the defect, and showing them this very same picture multiple times.

For those worried about QC and Customer Service, I hope my experience may be informative.

nail2.jpeg

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
Dear All,

This is regarding the loafers with a sharp metal object protruding through the footbed (please see attached picture). To my dissatisfaction, Meermin has made the decision to only refund a portion of the shipping cost.

"Thank you for your message.

We regret to inform that we are only able to proceed with the refund of 175$ + shipping costs to our NY store, the 35$ cannot be refunded because the shipping & handling has been already done.

In addition, we kindly ask for the shipping costs invoice so we can share it with our finance department and prepare the refund.

Thanks again for your interest & please just let us know if you need any further assistance"

This is despite my repeated emphasis on the severe nature of the defect, and showing them this very same picture multiple times.

For those worried about QC and Customer Service, I hope my experience may be informative.

View attachment 1022348
You should sue them

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Any explanation on how that staple ended in the middle of the insole??.

Didn't bother explaining. Said they "checked in with QC" and that's it. No follow ups. Just politely declined my request for a full refund.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So ordered my first pairs of Meermin, went with the Elton last, was actually planning on using one of them for my wedding this coming Sat. August 25th...well thats not going to happen... the brown pair has what looks like some sort of spray stain all over it, no idea how it was shipped out like this... the museum pair almost looks like the right toe is a different color, there was obviously an issue with the burnishing especially on the toe box, also a small stain (see pics) which I'd probably be fine with...

Not really sure what to do, I emailed them the pics, the Elton in the monks didn't really fit all the great anyway so was probably going to send back but was gonna use the others as the wedding shoe in 4 days. Do I just go for it and used it with that spray stain all over? or scramble to find some other ones locally?

Pretty disappointing even with the price point but seems like its kind of a roll of the dice with their QC, like the look otherwise, hopefully just growing pains.
IMG_4082.jpg
IMG_4083.jpg
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg
IMG_4087.jpg
IMG_4088.jpg

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So ordered my first pairs of Meermin, went with the Elton last, was actually planning on using one of them for my wedding this coming Sat. August 25th...well thats not going to happen... the brown pair has what looks like some sort of spray stain all over it, no idea how it was shipped out like this... the museum pair almost looks like the right toe is a different color, there was obviously an issue with the burnishing especially on the toe box, also a small stain (see pics) which I'd probably be fine with...

Not really sure what to do, I emailed them the pics, the Elton in the monks didn't really fit all the great anyway so was probably going to send back but was gonna use the others as the wedding shoe in 4 days. Do I just go for it and used it with that spray stain all over? or scramble to find some other ones locally?

Pretty disappointing even with the price point but seems like its kind of a roll of the dice with their QC, like the look otherwise, hopefully just growing pains. View attachment 1022413 View attachment 1022414 View attachment 1022415 View attachment 1022416 View attachment 1022417 View attachment 1022418

On your wedding using a memorable crappy shoes? Send it back and get something nice looking from the mall.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they do not fit, return them and get some black plain oxfords for your wedding.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On your wedding using a memorable crappy shoes? Send it back and get something nice looking from the mall.

That is likely what I will do if I can find the time and something decent looking nearby...

If they do not fit, return them and get some black plain oxfords for your wedding.

The wedding is an outdoor ceremony here in the Northeast, at a local bed and breakfast location, with the reception in a refinished barn, medium blue suits, imo the brown looks better and goes better with the style of the wedding, though I do agree black oxfords are generally the wedding go to.

chrfi

Reaction score
^^^I had very similar looking stray paint spots on my Meermin Cordovan PTB's, I sent them back.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty disappointing even with the price point but seems like its kind of a roll of the dice with their QC, like the look otherwise, hopefully just growing pains. View attachment 1022413 View attachment 1022414 View attachment 1022415 View attachment 1022416 View attachment 1022417 View attachment 1022418
The museum calf looks OK. Yes, the pattern was not matched well, but you'll be the only person to notice or care. People's attention will be elsewhere.

If it bothers you, the dark brown Saphir Medaille d'Or has evened the tone of many a pair for me and I recommend it. Whatever the die is, it is thorough, whilst the mirror finish that can be obtained is famous.

Solverson

Reaction score
Some time ago, I received pair of Meermin chukkas with a very strong glue smell all over the shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics