1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. josef1

josef1 Well-Known Member

EGs would be nice although the shop that sells it here, the last time i checked a pair of tassle loafers were around 2500usd. Figured that was way too much and I couldve travelled and gotten bespoke in Japan as you said haha

For the price range of Meermin, I think theyre still the best in that category. Although I have no experience with Orbans, it does look good. A new player also entered the market recently coming out of Spain that looks very promising -- TLB Mallorca. Interesting to see future reviews of this brand, I believe Skolyx is behind this brand.

As for my options locally within that price range:
    Berwick looks good but i still have to check it out personally
    Loake 1880 is always safe bet - i absolutely love my Buckinghams
    Carmina will set the benchmark for me for great quality without an exaggerated price tag.
    ^ this goes for Allen Edmonds as well that I forgot to mention was available here.

Although something in me always gets drawn to Meermin. Can't deny it's value for money <3 haha

2. dhjk123

dhjk123 New Member

Hi guys!! I'm looking to buy a pair of meermins in wide hiro last.

The only GYW shoe I have is the loake 1880 double monk straps in UK7.5 which were extremely tight around the width of my foot for the first month or two of wear. I measured my feet to be 8EEE under the Brannock sizing.

Could you guys provide some advice on sizing? Should I go UK7 or UK7.5 on the hiro?

https://www.meermin.es/in_en/10119811520000sg-52-101198-expresso-antique-calf-g-expresso.html

Cheers.

3. nicoridesbikes

nicoridesbikes Member

Not sure I necessarily did the right thing but my brannock is 9.5EEE at the widest and I got a UK9 with the wide Hiro, which fits pretty well

4. nicoridesbikes

nicoridesbikes Member

Does anyone have a photo of any shoe in "expresso antique calf"? Preferably compared with the "dark brown" colour. Cheers

5. Styzoom

Styzoom Active Member

wholecut = the dark brown
    captoe = antique expresso
    (pics from eBay)

ae1-COLLAGE.jpg

6. nicoridesbikes

nicoridesbikes Member

Ah I didn't think of that - also could be a good time to have a look at their seconds

Legend, thanks mate!

7. Styzoom

Styzoom Active Member

I find it hard to tell them apart, I thought 'expresso' was almost black.

8. dhjk123

dhjk123 New Member

How much wider and longer would you say the shoe is? I'm worried it might be too large.

9. dennistsang

dennistsang New Member

Hi guys. I have returned a pair of shoes to Meermin. However, the shoes are held by Spain's customs
    over 12 days now. Is it normal? thank you.

10. Amba

Amba Member

I got the opertunity to look at and try tlb-mallorcas and yankos among others a few days ago. Wonderful shoes! compared a pair with a cap toe yanko, it felt as a small step up quality both in construction and leather. It will be interesting to see the future of tlb, next pair will probably be a tlb Adelaide if I'm not falling for a another meermin :)

11. josef1

josef1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Thats very interesting! I really like the subtle chisel of TLB lasts.

How do they compare to Meerming in terms of quality and finish?

12. Amba

Amba Member

Yes, the chieseled last is beautiful in person!

They were much more comfortable from the get-go compared to my meermins, the leather were softer and had a better feel to it. The construction felt rigid, neat sticthing and what i could see the leather were of great quality. The only thing that stopped me from buying them were the price, i could not justify paying the same price for one pair of shoes when i could get two pairs of meermins + shoe care products for the same price. I really like my meermins and for the price i feel that i get maximum value for my money.
    BUT If/when im looking to buy a pair in that price range i genuinely would consider them, the last fit me and genuinely feel like a great option.

13. Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Wild Strawberry Rabbit Senior Member

3 years old Linea Maestro. One of my favourite pairs of shoes.

42911024-A74E-4DAF-8293-C7A12C58D8F3.jpeg

9AA195E6-9EFE-4149-8A26-AEAA72D43671.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018

14. Styzoom

Styzoom Active Member

They look great, what color is museum calf? I'm thinking of getting a pair like these. Was thinking of quarter oxford brogues expresso.

15. Chawk806

Chawk806 Distinguished Member