Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

Sandro just sent me a quote of 20 euro to add them to a pair of blue suede dub monks that are about to ship.

2. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

My MTO Shell Cuero Double Monks are ready to be shipped.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

3. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

I recommend not to use the web form for contacting Meermin currently. Obviously, my request from last Tuesday was lost (or not transferred at all), but I contacted José via mail today. I received an almost immediate response and we had the exchange of a few mails today.

Does anyone have the black wholecut on the Ama last and could provide a picture taken from above the shoe (top view)? I know there is the last comparison image, but the colour for the Ama last on that picture is a very light brown and for me the assemblance (I hope this is the right word in English) often differs a lot between different colours. If anyone could provide such a picture, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

4. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Senior member

I'm never really a huge fan of broguing on monks but those might just be changing my mind. Great design

5. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah regretting not putting these on my MTO after seeing this, maybe there is still time to add it on...

6. fredrikkm

fredrikkm Senior member

Wow, the cuero shell looks a lot better there than it does on the website. I was planning on buying a pair of the split toe derbys in burgundy shell, but now I think I might go for the cuero instead :slayer:

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Those monks are great. A couple of cool MTOs recently

8. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Thank you! Pepe was a pleasure to work with.

I already have a decent line-up of non-brogued cap-toe double monks, so I could afford to be a little out there with these.

9. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

Which last is that?

10. Putonghua73

Putonghua73 Senior member

I certainly do. Check out this post here. Apologies in advance for the lack of natural light - damn jet-stream phenomenon. If you want better pictures, then I'll take some Sunday morning, as I'm busy Saturday and will not have a chance to take pictures in natural light until the weekend. Also, I now have my Meermin shoes-trees, which arrived two weeks later than the shoes because they were out of stock in my size [UK10].

FWIW, I think the Meermins in brown in the classic collection are hideous. I have no idea why the style is so very different from the same style in black. Hence, why I bought both my whole-cuts and single monks in black (and have 3 shoes out of 4 in black =/).

P.s. The word that you are looking for is "resemblance". I remember when I was learning Spanish years back, before I switched to Chinese, I attempted to say that I was 32 years old. Instead, I ended saying that "I have 32 arse-holes" due to the Spanish for "years" and "arse-holes" sounding similar to my ears.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Is this shell color supposed to be the dark brown or the light brown? I ordered the light brown and my boots resemble Alden whiskey in color

12. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

Ama

The Cuero - light brown, I imagine. It varies, I guess - but we'll see what yours look like when finished.

13. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

I like how this shell is cheaper and glossier than Horween. Looks great.

14. JStenfors

JStenfors Member

I've got to share my positive experience of Meermin shoes. I received these new ray last monk straps a couple of months ago and I've been really satisfied with the quality and fit. Really recommending the firm to everyone as the quality to price ratio is incredible.
    [​IMG]

15. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

Thanks for your link. Before I registered here, I went through the whole thread; thus I remembered having seen the pics but this afternoon, I didn't manage to find them again. Just for me, you don't need to take pics again, I ordered the the shoes a couple of hours ago.

P.S.: Thanks, I was switching between those two while writing my post. At least I'm happy to hear you obvisouly don't have digestion problems. ;)

Best regards