• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I want to purchase meermins' balmoral boot in oak antique and brown country calf. i wear 6.5 in Rui last boots (and work well with my feet) while my brothers' boots (unworn yet) in hiro last in 6.5 uk is like a tight glove to my feet. The foot length of hiros' last in 6.5 is 257.7 while my foot length is 255. What size do you recommend ? Should i purchase 7 or stay at 6.5 since the shoes are going to be roomier after a while

7. With Meermin you'd damage your feet first before they break in.

Danath

Reaction score
7. With Meermin you'd damage your feet first before they break in.

i purchase the boots in 6.5 after the recommendations of Meermin. lets see!!!

After three days of purchasing and the boots are still in Meermins' warehouse

The Louche V2

Reaction score
Has anyone used Meermin’s resoling service? Do they do a better job than a local cobbler who will charge the same ($100)? Will they cleanup little scuffs and whatnot while they’re at it?

txm22

Reaction score
Does Meermin have certain styles that only sell on the ebay store? For example, I've never seen a moc-tie bit loafer (https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Ma...433329?hash=item3d5daa17b1:g:V-sAAOSwFHZas8fl) on their website. They also sometimes have shoes/boots on something called a Portol last, that also doesn't appear to be an offering on the website. I'm occasionally interested in these, but if they don't come as a second in my size, I can't buy them.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Has anyone used Meermin’s resoling service? Do they do a better job than a local cobbler who will charge the same ($100)? Will they cleanup little scuffs and whatnot while they’re at it?

Shipping Cost and wait time would be enough to make me choose some one local... or at least stateside that can provide a complete overhaul.

Does Meermin have certain styles that only sell on the ebay store? For example, I've never seen a moc-tie bit loafer (https://www.ebay.com/itm/MEERMIN-Ma...433329?hash=item3d5daa17b1:g:V-sAAOSwFHZas8fl) on their website. They also sometimes have shoes/boots on something called a Portol last, that also doesn't appear to be an offering on the website. I'm occasionally interested in these, but if they don't come as a second in my size, I can't buy them.

Yes, they only sell seconds from production or GMTO's

txm22

Reaction score
Yes, they only sell seconds from production or GMTO's

I knew they only sold seconds, but I've never seen these models offered as a GMTO. I also didn't realize they had additional lasts available in GMTO. I guess I need to pay more attention.

Fab75

Reaction score
D0370FA4-08ED-4B03-B4BD-B9EE763BB6A3.jpeg

robbieshaw1992

Reaction score
I knew they only sold seconds, but I've never seen these models offered as a GMTO. I also didn't realize they had additional lasts available in GMTO. I guess I need to pay more attention.

I'm fairly certain most are very old stock from the companies inception. Those styles/shoes have since been discontinued, and what remains are the random lasts you find on the ebay page.

If I remember correctly back in 2012 they had a more casual styled range and many of those are the portol/ben etc.

mykoh

Reaction score
Hey folks, hoping to get some sizing advice.
I wear US7 in most AEs and UK6 in Yanko.
I read that you should go half a size up on Hiro lasted pairs, but the pair of suede meermins (Hiro last) i'm eyeing is a UK6. Reckon I could make do, or would it be too short?

The Louche V2

Reaction score
Close enough to try as long as you ultimately can be honest with yourself. These will be easy to resell if they don’t fit.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read that you should go half a size up on Hiro lasted pairs, but the pair of suede meermins (Hiro last) i'm eyeing is a UK6. Reckon I could make do, or would it be too short?
When I tried Hiro last shoes on that was not my experience. At least a full size down for me, maybe even 1.5 from my U.S Brannock length.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When I tried Hiro last shoes on that was not my experience. At least a full size down for me, maybe even 1.5 from my U.S Brannock length.

Hiro was tricky for me. I’m a US 9E/9.5D. Back in the day when I first tried Meermin, They gave me the advice Churchill is expousing. I ended up with a pair I couldn’t wear, unfortunately it took me more than a year to sell them on at a $100 loss.

For me it turned out I needed to stick with UK 8.5, the size I typically choose in UK shoe size.

hapaknack

Reaction score
Hi,

I was hoping for some sizing advice. I wear a 7G UK size dress shoe. However, when I measured my foot, my length is within the sizing length for the Elton last, but the width is an issue. I'm measuring in at 102mm which is 8mm wider than the shoe width description. I emailed Meermin and they just sent back the dimensions for a size 7 shoe. So is my foot just too wide for Meermin's lasts or should I also factor in my foot girth of 240mm and size up to the 7.5 size?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads