• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FONlx

Reaction score
Some beauties I got a long time ago.. unfortunately had to go, as they were too small..

IMG_6694.JPG

Manseon

Reaction score
Does anyone have comparison pictures of oxfords Elton and Hiro last? I've seen comparison pics of both of them but the hiro last in the picture looks quite different from my Hiro Chelsea boots.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have comparison pictures of oxfords Elton and Hiro last? I've seen comparison pics of both of them but the hiro last in the picture looks quite different from my Hiro Chelsea boots.

Hiro last can take different sizes depending on on boot, loafer, or oxford...

beneven

Reaction score
About to buy my first pair--want to buy brown suede Hiro last. Any tips for a first time buyer ordering online from the US? AE Madison 9 fits me just fine--any sizing tips? Thanks, gents!

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About to buy my first pair--want to buy brown suede Hiro last. Any tips for a first time buyer ordering online from the US? AE Madison 9 fits me just fine--any sizing tips? Thanks, gents!

Hiro is a bit short imo. I'd take half size bigger.

bigwilly

Reaction score
I’m putting my first meermin order in - an Oxford.
I’m a 6.5E for AE Park Ave and Strand. Any suggestion on size?

Thanks in advance

Danath

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I want to purchase meermins' balmoral boot in oak antique and brown country calf. i wear 6.5 in Rui last boots (and work well with my feet) while my brothers' boots (unworn yet) in hiro last in 6.5 uk is like a tight glove to my feet. The foot length of hiros' last in 6.5 is 257.7 while my foot length is 255. What size do you recommend ? Should i purchase 7 or stay at 6.5 since the shoes are going to be roomier after a while

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post so as you might imagine I’m extremely new to all of this (until two days ago I didn't’ even know what a “Last” was). So I’ve decided to get my first real pair of dress shoes and I like what I see from Meermin.

I’m assuming a photo or two of my foot on a Brannock device either posted here or sent to Meermin CS would be the way to go?

The most expensive shoes I’ve ever bought are a number of Dr. Martens so I want to make sure I get it right.

TokenMao

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post so as you might imagine I’m extremely new to all of this (until two days ago I didn't’ even know what a “Last” was). So I’ve decided to get my first real pair of dress shoes and I like what I see from Meermin.

I’m assuming a photo or two of my foot on a Brannock device either posted here or sent to Meermin CS would be the way to go?

The most expensive shoes I’ve ever bought are a number of Dr. Martens so I want to make sure I get it right.

If you can find a store (doesn't have to be Meermin) to get your foot measured in, that'll be more useful than posting a picture of your foot on a Brannock, as it'll be difficult to measure your foot through pictures.

Genericuser1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can find a store (doesn't have to be Meermin) to get your foot measured in, that'll be more useful than posting a picture of your foot on a Brannock, as it'll be difficult to measure your foot through pictures.

That makes sense although I'd feel bad going into a shoe store just to have them measure my foot and then say thanks, bye.

On a Brannock I'm definitely a 10US/9UK I just need to see width and instep I think that is what it is).

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The truth is, the only way you can be sure you “get it right,” is to try the shoes on. Short of that, you’ll need to admit to yourself it’s all guessing. We’ve all been there, and there will be some mistakes once you go down this path. I suggest you do what I did when I began my adventure. I emailed, through their contact us link, any maker I was interested in. I always got a reply, and they discussed with me my past shoe/size/maker experience. Then suggested what they felt was the best fit on their particular lasts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads