• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haven't followed up on the thread in a while, you guy's still having the same problems?

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have both Tricker's and Meermin? I have several pairs of Tricker's still in the box and was wondering if I should trade in the Tricker'ss suede chukkas for the more elongated Meermin toe. Does the quality of material and finishing rank with Trickers?

TIA

Last edited:

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine left spain 6 business days after I paid. They are in Memphis TN right now according to tracking. Hard to believe it will take until the 10th to get to me in California??

Edit: I just got the "Fedex clearance delay" email. Has anyone else sent back that form they requested with SSN? Sounds like some people get this request while others dont, any idea why it would go one way or the other?

Thanks, should be shipping this week then, I hope.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pepe also emailed me photos of my MTO's - see attached. I had pushed him for some flush steel toe caps. Initially he couldnt do them but half way through he came back and told me that they are now possible and they look great!

http://www.stickysteps.com/post/28866044506/pioneering-the-flush-steel-toe-caps-for-meermin

Meermin MTO for RB
Cap toe adelaide oxford
Olfe Last
Hand Lasted
Black Freudenberg Calf from Weinheimer Leder in Germany
Single leather channeled sole GY-2 handwelted goodyear.
Flush steel toe cap
Personalised initials in the waist

radrodant

Reaction score
Pepe sent me some pics of my MTO as well!
On a roll...

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pepe also emailed me photos of my MTO's - see attached. I had pushed him for some flush steel toe caps. Initially he couldnt do them but half way through he came back and told me that they are now possible and they look great! http://www.stickysteps.com/post/28866044506/pioneering-the-flush-steel-toe-caps-for-meermin Meermin MTO for RB
Cap toe adelaide oxford
Olfe Last
Hand Lasted
Flush steel toe cap
Very nice! Were these part of that big order you and your friends put in?

ncdobson

Reaction score
Pepe also emailed me photos of my MTO's - see attached. I had pushed him for some flush steel toe caps. Initially he couldnt do them but half way through he came back and told me that they are now possible and they look great!

http://www.stickysteps.com/post/28866044506/pioneering-the-flush-steel-toe-caps-for-meermin

Meermin MTO for RB
Cap toe adelaide oxford
Olfe Last
Hand Lasted
Flush steel toe cap

Those are awesome!

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much more for flush toe taps? Think I'd want to add them on for sure

JBMarce21

Reaction score
For those of you who have had a pair of these for some time now... I assume someone out there has to have had a pair for about 6 months at least now... how are they holding up?

The Upright Man

Reaction score
Has anyone here purchased either of the chukka boots from Meermin's classic line? I was wondering whether the pictures on the website accurately represent the colour of the suede?

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone here purchased either of the chukka boots from Meermin's classic line? I was wondering whether the pictures on the website accurately represent the colour of the suede?

I posted pics of my snuff suede chukkas. Color seems to be accurate

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads