1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. N-tc

N-tc Member

I'm considering visiting their store in Madrid, but i'm not sure if it worth the 2h train trip.
    Would you say that their Madrid store has the same inventory as their website or would you say that the store has more shoes to choose from ?
    How was your overall experience ?
    Thanks

2. N-tc

N-tc Member

Could you elaborate on the quality of their insole ?

3. Riva

Riva Senior Member

The cheaper models aren't completely flat and have small bumps. Quite uncomfortable. I don't know if this needs a longer break in period to flatten them up but this level of inferior quality isn't apparent with other shoes I've owned.

4. Riva

Riva Senior Member

I don't know which ones I got from them are the italian vs japanese shells. But I'm guessing this loafer is the Japanese one as more recent GMTO.

5. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior Member

Update:
    1. Meermin will now take returns/exchanges at their NYC Store. You can ship to NYC store and voice costly shipping cost to Spain.
    2. The store is not a temporary pop-up shop. It is intended to be a permanent location with more and more stock as customer base increases.
    3. Linea Maestro prices are $195. After taxes about $212. $2 more than online but that's a small price to pay IMO to try on the shoes and ensure you are getting a shoe with any major flaw.
    4. They will have a US Commerce site hopefully up and running within the next 2 months, showcasing US STOCK.

6. Riva

Riva Senior Member

Sounds very good actually. Pretty good deal and you can try the fit first.