1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. lysandar

lysandar Senior member

I second Gdot's last question. Link to the French thread that DWF posted some years back is dead, I have a rough sense of what gemming might be like but I've yet to see a live example.

2. lysandar

lysandar Senior member

Sorry for double post- is this it?

[​IMG]

3. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Has anyone tried the Terry last?

4. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

Some of our current lasts.

[​IMG]

Kind regards,

- Meermin -

5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

woah that gemming has come unglued from the insole. That shoe is fucked.

handwelting vs. gemming:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  6. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

Unbelievable, that Pepe

[​IMG]

7. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

8. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I like the Ama and New Ray :D

1 person likes this.
  9. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

You must have excellent taste. As I agree with you. :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  10. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Working on the taste, I just need confirmation on how well these babies are holding up to wear and tear. I have MTO visions.

11. wishiwasricher

wishiwasricher Senior member

Yeah i would love to hear from anyone who has a pair. I know there was one damaged pair earlier but that was offered to be exchanged quickly.

Pepe seems to be on the ball with most things! Now come on wearers- give us a reivew!

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Senior member

I love mine so far, and just emailed Pepe about placing another order. The New Rey fits my foot great although it is maybe just a touch narrow in the toe for me. After looking at his chart, I don't think I could wear the Vil last comfortably for long periods of time. There seems to be a bit more arch support than most of my other shoes, or perhaps it is just more narrow there so I feel it more. In any case it is very comfortable. I guess the closest thing I personally have to compare it to is the C&J 348. It fits very differently from any of my AE lasts. The stitching on my pair is flawless, although there were a couple of minor marks on the leather, one naturally occurring on the tongue (not visible when worn) and another from the finishing on one side near the arch. Not a big deal but maybe enough to be marked as subs from C&J. The leather on my pair is very nice (at least on par with AE) and is the Naturcalf Cuero from TANNERIE D'ANNONAY in France: http://www.tannerie-annonay.fr/en/index.htm
    The cap toe might not be 100% straight, but I'm not sure that's a defect instead of a "feature" due to the handmade nature of the shoes. The soles are fantastic! I really like the nailing at the toe and the fiddleback waist. For the price I think they are a great value and will be ordering more.

My wife also purchased a pair, loafers with a 60mm heel and she loves hers as well. She claims the leather lining is much more comfortable than her other work shoes (mostly Cole Haan and Brooks Brothers). Pepe was great to deal with, very responsive and helpful! He even gave the interior measurements of my wife's shoes as she was uncomfortable ordering online and they fit perfectly. TNT Shipping was a bit of a drag, not contacting me while the shoes sat in customs and then charging ridiculous customs handling fees. For my next order I will definitely request FedEx or something that goes to USPS instead.

Fred

13. Salad

Salad Senior member

I don't like how some of them have 6 lace holes.

14. Marx2k

Marx2k Member

How long does Pepe take to reply to his e-mail? I have sent him an e-mail two, maybe three days ago, but I have not heard anything.

It's not like two or three days is that long, but I guess I am rather eager to hear from him.

15. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

Pepe is the man -- that reference picture is just the thing to help online ordering. I'll be opting for Hiro last in the future. MTO pairs to come within a few months.

16. pinchi22

pinchi22 Senior member

Mine are holding up as well as any of my C&Js after 3 months of light wear. There is normal scuffing and slight bending/stress of leather at mid-toe, but nothing more.

The only problem I´ve had so far has been unusually high slip on the laces. These are relatively slick/slippery, and would loosen, but have now settled down so that the laces no longer slip.

17. barbaresco

barbaresco Member

The lasts look really nice. Anyone know if they are available "live" on Mallorca or is it just in Madrid?

18. RogerC

RogerC Senior member

Just Madrid, for the moment.

19. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

He has responded to me the same day each time. I suggest you resend.

20. cbbuff

cbbuff Senior member

Ugh, RogerC's photo of the lasts makes this moot. wide and fugly.

I'm digging the New Rey, and the Vil reminds me of the EG 888.