Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

re: the most recent discussion on meermins quality, i also struggle to fully advocate for them. I own three pairs, all on the hiro last. one pair is LM, one GMTO, and one standard offering. the soles in the LM are squeaky as fuuuuhhhhh, i think it's a loose shank, but i'm not sure i want to pay the fee to resole them to find out. the GMTO had a commando sole over a double leather sole, and the actual upper construction (chukka style) came loose after a year or so of wearing, but the sole is still hardly pliable. they're not exactly comfortable. my last pair, the standard pair of chukkas, has been totally fine. After almost 2 years of wearing them constantly (like 2-3 times a week), the only issue is that i wore through the sole and i need to get them resoled.

I'd buy them off ebay, but i can't imagine i'll be paying full price for them again. they LOOK amazing for the price, but after a while, i'm not sure they're worth the price. i'm also not in grad school anymore, so i don't feel as bad paying for CS or carmina haha.

2. gbandi

gbandi Senior member

With all due respect, if you wanna wear dress boots, you need the right pants. Hem with minimal or no break and relatively slim fit.

On the shoe aspect, I had the same boot and gave it away. Meermin lasts, specially hiro are getting to look boring for me. Elton is a bit smarter but hiro is a classic old fashioned English look. I am still in my 40's and could handle something better

3. freshstyle

freshstyle Senior member

How would you compare quality of Meermin to Allen Edmonds Firsts?

4. 007Bond

007Bond Senior member

I have bought both and I would say the AE are much better, the Meermin is more like a AE third with stiffer leather that takes time to break in. Maybe worse did you see the one guy got a Meermin with a rusty nail inside that's insane.