Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Makin

Makin Member

As for last - it's my first Meermin pair so the only thing I can compare is Heerring shoes classic last (which is really standard, I would say). My recomendation is to get it in your regular go to size, RON is exactly same in size as my regular European shoes, just expect it to be narrower.

As for "At the end of the day tho, trust in your personal style!". I wear them in business attire, sockless they look great, but with socks they look strange and totally not sexy.

111G_1512.JPG

2. josef1

josef1 Member

I think they look good still, but then again I'm in the same camp as you who prefers loafers without socks haha
    How about saving those shoes for out of the office/weekend outfits instead? This way you wont have to keep them in your daily rotation and you can dress them up accordingly to your style when you're not in the office

3. Makin

Makin Member

Nah, I've bought them specially to wear in the office (I prefer slip-on shoes to wear in office becase I can take them off sometimes and let my feet breath during the day), on weekends I prefer less smart style, more relaxed streetwear look.

Now I can pull off sockless look, but in winter time it will be a bit weird, so I will try to pull em off with a more lightly colored socks then.

4. yusufhar

yusufhar Member

I have a meermin calf antique-E on the olfe last and after long periods of walking it feels a bit tight in the toe area. I am interested in a black calf boot-E on the elton last and was wondering if it has more width in the toe area compared to the olfe? Thanks in advance.

5. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Question on sizing: I'm a 10 in Hiro and 9.5 in Rui. What would I likely be in the Elton last?

6. Bruges

Bruges Senior member

10. Source: I have the same size and own Hiro, Rui and Elton.

7. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Thanks for your reply! I actually meant Ron, not Elton...though I'm also on the fence about throwing in a second pair which happen to be on the Elton last, so useful information nonetheless.

Do you happen to have any on the Ron last?

8. thatitalian

thatitalian Well-Known Member

For Ron take the same size as Hiro. I have both and they feel very similar.

9. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

10. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Yeah, I guess you should be good with 9.5 UK. I have the same measurement and have the derby boots in the Rui last in 9.5 UK.

11. josef1

josef1 Member

Got the exact same pair. I went true to size on this with 7UK and it fits great. Takes a while to break in the stiffness though but now its very comfy and easily my go to pair with our rainy season now.

Quality wise, I find it to be really good. The texture minimizes creasing and it feels very solid as a whole.
    I did have a bit of weird squeak with these at first but then it eventually went away. Still very possible to get a high shine on the toe as well! Enjoy!

12. iurvox

iurvox New Member

Is anyone from Meermin monitoring this thread?

This is my issue:

I have received the package at work (order #065171092). There is a problem: The delivery was a small parcel with only 1 pair of shoes. I ordered and paid for 2 pairs of shoes. Is there another parcel on the way? How can we resolve this issue?

I have contacted [email protected] with this enquiry 10 days ago. I followed up with another email 7 days ago, more than 72 hours after my initial enquiry.

So far, I have yet to receive any reaction from Meermin.

To clarify, my FedEx tracking number says that the package dimensions were only 15 inches x 8 inches x 5 inches (= 38 centimeters x 20 centimeters x 12,5 centimeters). So clearly, only 1 shoe box was sent, which I received. Where is the other shoe box? I have paid EUR 320 for the 2 pairs of shoes + shipping, but I have only received 1 pair.

Please contact me so we can resolve this issue.

Kind regards

13. djcostcosamples

djcostcosamples New Member

I was fitted as a 8.5D in 65 and 1943 last (Cornwallis/Washington Square). 8D was super constricting around the pinky toe, but I'm pretty sure 8E would've fit OK (the rep didn't bother to try that size since 8.5D was good).

For the double monks, you guys think it's best to go down to 7UK or stick with 7.5? I'm worried that there will be too much heel slip since they can't be laced tight like oxfords.

14. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

@Meermin,
    Please top up stock of the burgundy brogues, its been months already out of stock in most sizes.