• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mrlol

Reaction score
Which last from meermin is the Best looking, Elton?

Braindrain232

Reaction score
Quick question about Meermin double monks. Can someone confirm if the buckles have elastics?

Braindrain232

Reaction score

The Elton is definitely one of the sleekest lasts and probably considered "good looking". However, it all depends on your feet. If your feet or toe box needs a little larger width, it probably won't fit.

samthegreat4

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wear a size 10 UK in the Elton last. Have 2 pairs: 1 oxford (very snug, but ok) and 1 boot.
I've tried a Hiro boot in 10 UK in the past, but it was way too tight around the instep (and toe box I believe?).

I've read somewhere (I think here on SF) that Hiro boots are made on a special Hiro-B (B for Boot) last that is snugger than the normal Hiro last. However, I emailed Meermin and it looks like they're saying that there is no difference between Hiro boots and oxfords in fit.

Any idea on what size to go with on the Hiro last? Should I size up half a size? Or is the Hiro last, unlike the Elton last which is fine, maybe just not suited to my foot shape/instep?
Just bumping this post to the new page.
Anyone any idea about the size differences between these lasts?

Suetonius

Reaction score

I think Olfe/Hiro are slightly more elegant, but I have 2 pairs of Elton last shoes and love them both. They're still elegant.

samthegreat4

Reaction score
I think Olfe/Hiro are slightly more elegant, but I have 2 pairs of Elton last shoes and love them both. They're still elegant.
Any chance you could provide me with the difference in actual size between Elton, Hiro and Olfe?

Meermin tells me their customers wear the same size in all lasts.
But I tried Hiro boots in size 10 UK a while back and they were much too tight, while my size 10 UK Eltons are fine.

Suetonius

Reaction score
Any chance you could provide me with the difference in actual size between Elton, Hiro and Olfe?

Meermin tells me their customers wear the same size in all lasts.
But I tried Hiro boots in size 10 UK a while back and they were much too tight, while my size 10 UK Eltons are fine.

I don't have any Olfe shoes so I cannot comment on those.

It's funny you say that because I find my size 12 Hiros much too loose and my size 12 Eltons are fine. I have quite narrow feet.

In future I'll be buying 11.5 Hiros I think.

Having a quick look the Eltons look longer and narrower than Hiro, particularly narrower around the toe area.

samthegreat4

Reaction score
I don't have any Olfe shoes so I cannot comment on those.

It's funny you say that because I find my size 12 Hiros much too loose and my size 12 Eltons are fine. I have quite narrow feet.

In future I'll be buying 11.5 Hiros I think.

Having a quick look the Eltons look longer and narrower than Hiro, particularly narrower around the toe area.
That's strange indeed.
I'm now wondering why those Hiro size 10 UK boots were so tight, and also which size in Hiro I should go with if my Elton's in size 10 are fine.. :confused2:

Any visible difference in instep between your Elton and Hiro pairs?

Mrlol

Reaction score
any1 can provide me with pictures so i can see the difference of elton and hiro last?

db9sfast

Reaction score
Meermin just posted the most amazing jod boots. Kind of similar to joining Saint Laurent and Gaziano Girling. It doesn't get better than this in my opinion. Elton last. Black calf.

Link: https://www.meermin.es/in_en/10151010190000se-19-101510-black-calf-e-negro.html

IMG_7138.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads