Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. zargoz

zargoz Senior member

I recently received cigar PTBs from the last run and as far as I can recall they are made from the Italian shell. Upon arrival they suffered from excess polish application but after wiping and buffing with a damp cloth they looked much better. I agree with the "softer and more flexible" description, this shell is moreso than any of my Horween shoes (several Aldens and two AEs). The Meermins do not have the glossy topcoat that Aldens come with, the shell is matte and (to me) more natural looking.

I am only two wears in so I can't say how the material will stack up in the long run. But for the price paid I am satisfied so far, enough so that I also jumped in on the cigar LWBs Meermin ran a few weeks ago.

2. grovester

grovester Active Member

Thank you! This is exactly the type of info I was looking for. I am glad to see that their new shell is better. I heard a lot of stories of how dry their old shell was.

3. Webbo

Webbo Senior member

I picked up my cigar PTB's today from the last MTO. The shell does look good and definitely not dry. They are as little stiff straight out of the box so let's see how they go with wear. I have to say the color is great and the overall quality of the construction very good indeed. I am pleased and for the price point I think they are exceptional value.

4. Braindrain232

Braindrain232 Member

Ok, not the newest of the Meermins out there but received this yesterday and tried on today. Elton last, antique copper. Luckily, it fits like a glove but now I fully understand the "stiffness" of the shoe.

[​IMG]

5. AndyBass

AndyBass New Member

What is the size of your shoes?
    What is the length of your feet?

I'm considering to buy the same shoes, but I'm not sure what size to select.
    I wrote to Meermin but I didn't get any response.

6. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I think they might not be respondng to avoid conflict with sizes. Use the size guide they have for every last. It's a bit more easier.

7. jdp234

jdp234 Well-Known Member

The stock loss issue with the new website never went away. There are, sadly, several shoes I was planning to buy that appear to have vanished into the memory hole. Snuff suede quarter-brogue oxfords and snuff suede elton double monks just up and disappeared.