• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Danitch

Reaction score
Meermin improved its size charts.
They added a "girth"
This is a significant improvement for new users in determining their size.
I measured the girth of my foot and got 250mm, it perfectly fits with measurements in charts for 9uk in hiro, olfe and 8.5 rui which I own.

Quesjac

Reaction score
Meermin improved its size charts.
They added a "girth"
This is a significant improvement for new users in determining their size.
I measured the girth of my foot and got 250mm, it perfectly fits with measurements in charts for 9uk in hiro, olfe and 8.5 rui which I own.
Can you post a link? This sounds very useful.

Quesjac

Reaction score

Danitch

Reaction score
I think that the new site is still in the works and many products will appear there in the near future.
For example, just that I saw that the section of boots was replenished by two items, which was not yesterday.

Bruges

Reaction score
With the new website, my login and password (that are 100% correct) are not accepted anymore. When I ask to reset my password and enter my e-mail, I don't receive an e-mail. Anyone else the same issues?

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score

With the new website, my login and password (that are 100% correct) are not accepted anymore. When I ask to reset my password and enter my e-mail, I don't receive an e-mail. Anyone else the same issues?

I have had it too, just send them an email!

gbandi

Reaction score
Anyone have fitting issues with hiro lasted Boots without laces? I have a bunch of hiro last shoes. They all fit fine. Have a hiro lasted Galway and suede Chelsea which fit fine as well. Have a hiro lasted leather Chelsea and leather jodhpurs in same size. They are super tight in the toes. Have had them stretched twice without any help. Emailed Meermin, they said go a size up next time. This doesn't make sense. I think it is a QC issue. Wondering if anyone else had the issue?

babump

Reaction score
I just bit on the hazel jodhpur MTOs in the Hiro last. Anyone have experience with sizing on their jodhpurs? I have their hiro last oxfords in 9uk which are just too snug to wear all day... My feet are dead by the end of work day. I went with uk9.5. For comparison I'm a US10e in AE 5 last.

Frozenhaze

Reaction score
Any idea what is the minimum required amount of orders Meermin needs to get to be able to move a MTO model in production? The current site doesn't seem to show if the history MTO's were fully funded or failed?

The current MTO boot offerings look quite nice but sadly it seems that those are not going the get fully funded. I just wonder when you usually decide to place a MTO order? Do you wait until the progress bar on the site hits 100%?

gbandi

Reaction score
I just bit on the hazel jodhpur MTOs in the Hiro last. Anyone have experience with sizing on their jodhpurs? I have their hiro last oxfords in 9uk which are just too snug to wear all day... My feet are dead by the end of work day. I went with uk9.5. For comparison I'm a US10e in AE 5 last.

As mentioned above, my hiro lasted shoes are fine (TTS) but boots are super tight I would recommend going half-size up from your regular hiro size

Reaction score
Received my new Meermins yesterday and saw this:

ka0f7l.jpg
ka0f7l.jpg

Emailed Meermin CS and this is their reply:

"The mark you see is the welt join, as our shoes are handwelted we need to have a welt join."

Is this normal? I have three more pairs none of which has a mark like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads