• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Putonghua73

Reaction score

I concur. I'm not normally a fan of suede, but paired with a light coloured pair of light material trousers for clement weather (we Brits have had our one week summer last week - normal schedule of nuclear skies and rain has resumed) would be perfect.

A female work colleague, whom I consult for sartorial advice i.e. show her garments that have caught my eye in SF posts, has given these her seal of approval. She was very appreciative. Good purchase, RDiaz!

Note: I was thinking of actually trying on women's boot-cut cotton / linen trousers in cream / white because the men's are all too narrow and tapered (hate tapered trousers), but my gym regime hasn't sufficiently progressed where I would feel comfortable wearing them, as I would prefer to go from 86kg to 80kg beforehand (I'm 6ft). Hmm .. maybe the sand wholecuts would require darker trousers than cream / white for a contrast? A dilemma to consider for next Spring / Summer.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note: I was thinking of actually trying on women's boot-cut cotton / linen trousers in cream / white because the men's are all too narrow and tapered (hate tapered trousers), but my gym regime hasn't sufficiently progressed where I would feel comfortable wearing them, as I would prefer to go from 86kg to 80kg beforehand (I'm 6ft). Hmm .. maybe the sand wholecuts would require darker trousers than cream / white for a contrast? A dilemma to consider for next Spring / Summer.

I'm not a fan of wearing shoes that are much lighter than trousers, really. I bought these just for my summer clothing, which is mostly very light blues, greys and tans. Not sure about pairing these shoes with anything darker, and they will probably go back into the closet for fall/winter...

Glad you like the shoes, gents
smile.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fresh sand suede wholecuts in the Ama last...

Sorry about the quality, my cell phone is all I have ATM.

actually, I prefered them as a derby. these are nice though.

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was hoping they would have some classic white bucks (plain toe derbies), but nope, no luck. There was also a pair of brown/white spectators that I almost picked up, but ended up with the wholecuts.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah I was hoping they would have some classic white bucks (plain toe derbies), but nope, no luck. There was also a pair of brown/white spectators that I almost picked up, but ended up with the wholecuts.

wear them in good health.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

For those wanting pictures of the tan longwings,
I've finally managed to get some in natural light. Sorry about the quality, iPhone is all I had on hand.

Ignore the foot 
shog%5B1%5D.gif

those are very, very nice, indeed.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They were returned unfortunately,
but having a pair made up in the light brown shell, as it is almost spring/summertime here. 

ah ok, why?

strangedream

Reaction score
I know Meermin's customer service is overwhelmed by bunch inquiries, but I just wondered what's the general response rate from them to those who have gotten reply back from them. I inquired them about some sizing and customization question about a week ago yet no response.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Meermin's customer service is overwhelmed by bunch inquiries, but I just wondered what's the general response rate from them to those who have gotten reply back from them. I inquired them about some sizing and customization question about a week ago yet no response.
For me, within 12 hours as our time zones are different.

bigtimebuck4

Reaction score
Stopped in the store with the wife a couple weeks ago and was very impressed. We were in a hurry so i didn't have time to make a purchase but will be back in Madrid in a few days and intend to work it into my schedule. Should I start with the classic line and upgrade to the lm line if I am satisfied or make the plunge and start with lm? Also, anyone know how they handle vat refunds for non eu residents for in-store purchases? Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics