• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pastor

Reaction score
Just paid for my first Meermin purchase. Blue Suede Double Monks posted a few pages back. Not a bad price, came out to $248 including shoe trees and shipping. A lot cheaper than the Alden Blue Suede PTBs i've always wanted. Meermin had the PTBs in my size as well but I think with the blue suede I might as well go out and sport the double monk. I'll compare these to the Carmina, Allen Edmonds, and Aldens I have after they arrive. All of there staff at Meermin were a pleasure to work with.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just paid for my first Meermin purchase. Blue Suede Double Monks posted a few pages back. Not a bad price, came out to $248 including shoe trees and shipping. A lot cheaper than the Alden Blue Suede PTBs i've always wanted. Meermin had the PTBs in my size as well but I think with the blue suede I might as well go out and sport the double monk. I'll compare these to the Carmina, Allen Edmonds, and Aldens I have after they arrive. All of there staff at Meermin were a pleasure to work with.

Congrats on your purchase. I remember those pictures, and I think you made an absolutely fantastic choice.

bibs

Reaction score
how fast do they reply via the website contact form ? Would it be faster to contact them through direct email ?

thanks !

Pastor

Reaction score

how fast do they reply via the website contact form ? Would it be faster to contact them through direct email ?
thanks !

They wrote me back in 2 days through the website. After that every email was responded to in a matter of hours. I even got response from them at 1:00am their time.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would someone with a 10.5 UK in the hiro last mind measuring the sole length and width for me? I realize this isn't a good indicator of size, but it will give me a general idea.

ddsg

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of the double monks in dark brown on their narrow New Rey last. Will post photos when they arrive.
I do want to call out, however, their wonderful customer service. José and I have just finished a flurry of emails to each other as I had a few questions. And it is almost one in the morning in Spain!
AHS

Were there any colors available other than the brown and black?

TurboTropic

Reaction score

Sorry to hear that Mr. TurboTropic,

Just email us again and we will check your order status.

Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

- Meermin -

FYI, I got a reply to my email to Meermin on Friday saying that I would get a further email on Monday confirming the status of my order. It's now Tuesday and I haven't heard anything further.

madkap

Reaction score
I paid on the 25th, got an email the next day saying my shoes will be ready to ship "next week". I emailed back the same day to ask about an estimate delivery date but have not gotten anything back..

spitshine123

Reaction score

Whats your ETA? Speaking to them about making an order today

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were there any colors available other than the brown and black?

I don't believe so. Not unless you go MTO... But I would recommend writing Jose with questions. He was very helpful.

AHS

alex6669

Reaction score
On their website they have information about the estimated delivery times.
For Europe 4-5 working days.
Rest of the world 7-10 working days.

Use that info when you get an email that your shoes are shipped.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads