• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medx

gregory

Reaction score
Hello,

So I went to the gym two days ago and used 3 medx machines. I felt fine that day, but yesterday, started to ache and still feel it today. Is this normal?

Given that I am aching, I should not use the machines yet correct?

Thanks

justbrowsing

Reaction score
You definitely don't want to overdo it when you first start working out. Ease into things. Some muscle aches are to be expected but the old "No Pain No Gain" mentality is a great way to get yourself injured. If you're looking for some inspiration head over to John Stone Fitness and check out this guy's transformation from an overweight techie to one ripped mofo. Personally, I think he's taken things to an unhealthy level but it's an impressive change none the less. There is also an active forum over there.

gregory

Reaction score
You definitely don't want to overdo it when you first start working out. Ease into things. Some muscle aches are to be expected but the old "No Pain No Gain" mentality is a great way to get yourself injured. If you're looking for some inspiration head over to John Stone Fitness and check out this guy's transformation from an overweight techie to one ripped mofo. Personally, I think he's taken things to an unhealthy level but it's an impressive change none the less. There is also an active forum over there.
So how long is the ache supposed to last? And is it correct that I should not work out when the ache can still be felt?

vero_group

Reaction score
If you're looking for some inspiration head over to John Stone Fitness and check out this guy's transformation from an overweight techie to one ripped mofo. Personally, I think he's taken things to an unhealthy level but it's an impressive change none the less. There is also an active forum over there.
Now he just looks like a Appreciation star.

gregory

Reaction score
Now he just looks like a Appreciation star.
I'm not a woman, but I can't imagine a woman liking a body like that. I thought that a woman wants a toned body, not a ripped body with veins showing, etc....

gregory

Reaction score
GUYS? So how long is the ache supposed to last? And is it correct that I should not work out when the ache can still be felt?

vero_group

Reaction score
GUYS? So how long is the ache supposed to last? And is it correct that I should not work out when the ache can still be felt?
If you hurt or ache, DO NOT work it out again. Play it safe.

rothko

Reaction score
if you're really out of shape, or if you haven't lifted in a long time, the soreness can last up to 2 or 3 days. The first time I did a thorough squat workout, I couldn't walk up stairs for a day.

If you've been working out regularly, the soreness shouldn't last longer than a day. If it last longer than that, its your bodies way of telling you to back off.

I'm sure you've heard this already, but, drink lots of water, make sure you're eating enough protein (1 gram for evey pound), and *STRETCH*.

humrepair

Reaction score
gregory,
It's not unusual to be sore after doing a new exercise.Normally it'll take two or three days to get rid of the soreness.Even if you are doing the exercise correctly you could still feel sore.I'm curious as to what machines you used and in what town you are located.In my opinion the MedX machines are the finest around.The product of the fitness machine genius Arthur Jones.

gregory

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all your advice and support. Humrepair: I go to a small liberal arts college in the east coast. We have about 1,500 students but a $1 billion endowment. That should explain the machines in the gym.

humrepair

Reaction score
gregory,
Those Medx machines are not cheap.That explains why you don't see them at the big chains like L.A. Fitness and Bally's.There is only one gym in the Philly area that has a set of MedX machines.In particular, the lumbar extension machine is the only machine to be proven to help strengthen the lower back.I have 3 herniated disks in my lower back and it has helped me immensely.You are lucky to have access to them.Please take advantage of your good fortune.
neil

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow.. I could really use that lumbar machine. I wonder if there are any around Seattle. Anyone know?

humrepair

Reaction score
j
The MedX website lists "Physiotherapy Associates" in Northgate as being MedX equipped.You might want to give them a call.
Neil

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Excellent. I'll have to check that out, Northgate is close to me. Thanks humrepair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads