• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medium Yellow Lacoste Shirt on Ebay

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I have a medium yellow lacoste polo shirt for sale on Ebay. I found it cheap at a department store an dput it up for auction. I guarantee it to be 100% authentic. Just thought I would let you guys know. Here is the link:http://cgi.ebay.com/Medium-Yellow-La...QQcmdZViewItem

farooqm

Reaction score
No offense, but I'm pretty sure thats fake, they never align the croc with the buttons....

mrpologuy

Reaction score
If it is fake then somebody returned a fake to the store I work at with a valid UPC code. It is so hard to tell what is fake and what is not even when you follow a guide for it.

farooqm

Reaction score
Yeah I love Lacoste shirts for the quality but these fakes are making me not want to even associate with them. I pretty much wear my lacoste polo's under other shirts or jackets as I do not want to be associated with the hundreds of people who flaunt their so obviously fake shirts on the street.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpologuy
If it is fake then somebody returned a fake to the store I work at with a valid UPC code. It is so hard to tell what is fake and what is not even when you follow a guide for it.
Quite possible. My friend's friend, I guess you can call him an acquaintance, although I don't care much for the guy, would buy real Lacoste at Nordstrom or Macy's, buy some good looking fakes on Ebay, switch out the tags, and return the fakes to the department store. Apparently he did this even when the color labeled on the tag didn't match the shirt he was returning. Sales clerks can't tell, especially if you return the fake Lacoste to a Macy's that doesn't carry the shirts in the first place. I guess they'll take anything back from any Macy's. He claims switching tags was easy. I don't think it's worth the effort, not to mention it's illegal
plain.gif

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I never even though somebody would buy fakes and switch the tags out like you suggested. I guess there is no limit to what people will do to scam someone.

Wade M

Reaction score
A Lacoste polo should only have 2 buttons on it also.....I smell a fake-y
frown.gif
--Wade

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I appreciate the help guys. I had to pull the listing. I had people from Ebay telling me this shirt is fake. I guess I didn't realize that this shirt a fake that somebody returned.

Langox510x

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wade M
A Lacoste polo should only have 2 buttons on it also.....I smell a fake-y
frown.gif

--Wade

I signed up just to say that Lacoste is a fake. Are you sure it was a department store or from the back of a truck, because Lacoste is supposed to have 2 buttons not 3.

Tax Mac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Langox510x
I signed up just to say that Lacoste is a fake. Are you sure it was a department store or from the back of a truck, because Lacoste is supposed to have 2 buttons not 3.

Lacoste does make a retro fit polo shirt that is 3 buttons.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Langox510x

You signed up just to give inaccurate information?

Lacoste does make a 3 button polo shirt. http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...d=prod33120043

No offense, but I'm pretty sure thats fake, they never align the croc with the buttons....
That's not right either.

The only way to tell, if the tag has the right color code, is to look at the fabric and the collar. The fabric should be thicker, but still soft. The collar should be able to stand up easily, unlike the fakes.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
my 3 button retro fit is 100% cotton -- i bought it at the lacoste store.

. . . it really easy to tell when people wear fakes. the fit is horrendous.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sbbbjm
my 3 button retro fit is 100% cotton -- i bought it at the lacoste store.

. . . it really easy to tell when people wear fakes. the fit is horrendous.

Relatively speaking. Does anyone else think that regular Lacoste shirts are still on the boxy side? I usually tuck them in because if I don't, the shirt seems too full and flares out wider than my shoulders. I tried their "slim fitting" line, which I believe has 3 buttons, but those are ridiculously tight, and the sleeves are designed for someone who has never had to pick up a weight in his life...maybe for those rich white boys from the east coast for whom the shirts were intended...

pg34

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Relatively speaking. Does anyone else think that regular Lacoste shirts are still on the boxy side? I usually tuck them in because if I don't, the shirt seems too full and flares out wider than my shoulders. I tried their "slim fitting" line, which I believe has 3 buttons, but those are ridiculously tight, and the sleeves are designed for someone who has never had to pick up a weight in his life...maybe for those rich white boys from the east coast for whom the shirts were intended...

Yes, they're still quite boxy. I had to take in the sides of my size 2 shirt, because I couldn't stand the boxiness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads