• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medium weight, slim fitting, online hoodie

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for a medium weight, slim fitting hoodie that I can buy online, or in person in Boston or New York. I'm looking for something basic but with good quality, maybe some interesting details, but subtle.

Any ideas?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Okay, I'm looking for a medium weight, slim fitting hoodie that I can buy online, or in person in Boston or New York. I'm looking for something basic but with good quality, maybe some interesting details, but subtle.

Any ideas?

In terms of basic hoodies, there are 2 that I would highly recommend this spring:

The most solid hoodie basic you can buy is the W+H slim fit. IIRC, you are a bigger guy, so you may want to go with the Classic fit. There are no stockists in Boston at the moment, but Famous Friends and Nom de Guerre carry them in NYC. About $150

I am really a fan if the Helmet of the Will hoodie, whish is really soft, has some interesting but very subtle details. Check out the site www.helmetwill.com for stockists. I know that Steven Alan carries these, as does barneys. The sizing runs big (I am 5'11" and 152 lbs or so, and a small fits me well.) $190+ (the pricing varies from store to store on these by up to $40, for whatever reason.)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
At the risk of stating the obvious and the cheap (that would be the name of my biographical spaghetti western, I think), I just received a white one of these AA hoodies for about $30 shipped and while nothing special, it is acceptable for kicking around. Pretty lightweight, though. But at that price, they are practically disposable.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mjk?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hands down my vote goes to EG. their hoodie has surpassed my spruce/w+h hoodies as my favorite. Need to get a zip one next season. The one complaint about the w+h tiger one i have is that the bottom elastic seems to have lost it's shape and kind of flares out...i need to find an old spruce tiger....i'm assuming drinkwaters in boston or odin in NYC have the EG ones.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
hands down my vote goes to EG. their hoodie has surpassed my spruce/w+h hoodies as my favorite. Need to get a zip one next season. The one complaint about the w+h tiger one i have is that the bottom elastic seems to have lost it's shape and kind of flares out...i need to find an old spruce tiger....i'm assuming drinkwaters in boston or odin in NYC have the EG ones.

I really like the Engineerd Gaments hoodies, but they are not medium weight. They are either heavyweight and very warm (winter, thermal lined version) or really light (summer version). Odin on LaFayette carries them. Drinkwaters does not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads