• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

medium grey suit, white shirt, purple tie - what colour shoes?!

launchpad

Reaction score
Hi There I have a wedding coming up in Brazil soon. I have purchased a medium grey suit, white shirt and purple tie for the occasion. The outfit is pretty similar to what beackam is wearing here in this pic Uploaded with ImageShack.us My suit is a bit darker than his..I am looking for advice on what colour shoes to wear. I am considering oxblood or camel colour cap toes..What are your thoughts on this? It appears in the photo that Beckam is wearing oxbloods? Any other thoughts or tips on the outfit are greatly welcomed - even negative ones!! In case it makes any difference to the advice i'l just let you know that I am in my late twenties

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the wedding is after dark I would wear black. Otherwise, oxblood or camel would work, but my favorite color with this color suit is chocolate brown.

mdp0430

Reaction score
Couple things to keep in mind (1) it's almost Summer in Brazil, and (2) you will probably be overdressed compared to most Brazilians (unless they're all rich).

launchpad

Reaction score
I have tried on black and think it drained the colour from the suit..In the pic I have posted are they acutally oxbloods that Beckam s wearing..Are cap toes a good choice? I will look into chocolate..What do you guys thing of Beckams complete outfit in this picture? Its a day time wedding and I think it wil be a pretty extravagant affair so I am not going to worry about being over dressed..

almighty369

Reaction score
Hi,

I believe that black color leather shoe is perfect.... Its matches with any colors of suit.....

Natural Spin Dance International is a fast growing dance product supplier based in Toronto, Canada, we provide all your needs in dancesports. Since our beginning, the principle elements of our company have been focused on our service and delivery of quality products with affordable prices. for more Details Latest Shoes

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the suit to a wedding:

Black shoes
Light to medium blue dress shirt
Black or Navy solid tie

And you might just catch the eyes of the next Giselle Bundchen.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Anyone remember seeing that little graphic on GQ or Esquire online that showed what color shoes go with what color suits? I know I saw it, but I've searched high and low and can't find it again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads