• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medallion Toe Shoe in Brown

sscott

Reaction score
I've been searching for a pair of medallion toe shoes in brown and have had a bit of trouble. The shoes should not have a cap toe, and I'm not looking for a wing-tip, but a simple medallion on the front of a mid to dark brown shoe that is not too expensive (I cannot go much higher than $500) and doesn't use an ugly, plastic-looking leather (Johnston & Murphy comes to mind).

Does anyone have any ideas? And if the maker has narrow sizes, that would be great. Please bear in mind I live in San Francisco, and do not travel to many places with a better selection.

I think I saw one in Rome by Harris, but for some reason did not buy it.
Gravati makes a nice medallion toe, but only in burgundy and black.
Canali had a beautitul one at Nordstrom (the polish was a richly textured brown and black that I really loved), but it was so wide and so long in the toe that my size 9 foot was sliding around in the size 8, so I had to pass.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
What about the C&J Weymouth in Dark Brown from plal.com.

they are wholecuts, brown and have a toe medallion. they are around $450

sscott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ziggyosk
What about the C&J Weymouth in Dark Brown from plal.com.

they are wholecuts, brown and have a toe medallion. they are around $450

Thanks for the suggestion. They look nice, and I noticed them in an earlier thread, but without trying on a pair of C&J shoes, I won't know if they fit well. I'll e-mail them to see if any San Francisco stores carry their shoes for a fitting, but otherwise those, unfortunately, are out for me.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Daskalos in Walnut Creek stocks these-

14b4wm.jpg
[/IMG]

stirpot.gif

sscott

Reaction score
I have never heard of Daskalos, so I think I'll pay them a visit this weekend.

Great suggestions so far. I hope there a rea few more options, but I like what I see.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
Daskalos in Walnut Creek stocks these-

stirpot.gif

That's funny you posted those - I just pulled an image of the same shoe to recommend.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sscott
Thanks for the suggestion. They look nice, and I noticed them in an earlier thread, but without trying on a pair of C&J shoes, I won't know if they fit well. I'll e-mail them to see if any San Francisco stores carry their shoes for a fitting, but otherwise those, unfortunately, are out for me.

Well they fit me 1 size lower than my US size. and plal.com will let you send them back and switch your size for free on your first order. They probably are the best value for your $ at the $400-500 range.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads