Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Measurements Polo RL shirts - classic fit vs custom fit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Guillou, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Guillou

Guillou New Member

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying myself one or two Polo RL sport shirts. However I feel a bit uncomfortable with the sizes and therefore wonder if I should get them in custom or classic fit and in medium or large. The only available size chart is very approximated: http://www.crawfordclothing.com/myfiles/image/men_polo_Ralph_Lauren_size_chart_table.jpg

I'm 182 cm tall (5 feet 11.6536) and weigh about 85 kg (187 lbs) and my chest measures about 107-111 cm (approx. 43 inches). I'm not fatty.

Usually I go for classic fit in medium, but according to the chart I should get a classic fit in large, plus it's US sizes. What the fuck!?

Someone who's about the same size as me that can give me input?

Regards,
    Guillou

2. Guillou

Guillou New Member

3. LBC Demon

LBC Demon Well-Known Member

I am the same height, 176 lbs., 16 inch neck and I have a 40 inch chest. I wear a custom fit L. I wish I knew what my shoulders are because they are about perfect on a Custom L and a Classic L is just a little bigger in the shoulders I believe. I do not have an athletic build, more like skinny fat.

Good Luck.

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

I wear a size S and have owned both in the past. I have a few that I wear currently, but I can't wear the classic fit as they're too baggy. I measured what I have though and there is a difference of about 3 centimeters or around a 1 1/2 inches armpit to armpit between the two.

5. Guillou

Guillou New Member

Thank you guys! I think I'll go for custom fit in large then!