• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

JIMIG

Reaction score
Looking for a heavy, very soft (brushed?) sweatshirt with a boxy fit and high neckline. Any recommendations?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a heavy, very soft (brushed?) sweatshirt with a boxy fit and high neckline. Any recommendations?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is good.

"Where do you start?

Always the shoes. Start at the bottom and grow the character from there. Shoes are the most important article of clothing on a person’s body. They tell you everything. It’s like if you’ve ever fallen in love with a guy and you then see the shoes and realize, Oh, this is not going to work."

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this very interesting Caruso suit:

826CFA0C-D449-4F32-8F65-575DBF3B105E.png

I typically like more conservative patterns, but this caught my eye.

Obviously not a staple, but what do you all think of this on a suit?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this very interesting Caruso suit:

View attachment 1969073
I typically like more conservative patterns, but this caught my eye.

Obviously not a staple, but what do you all think of this on a suit?

As Smitty said, Caruso construction is great. That said, I’m having a hard time visualizing this fabric as a suit. Do you a full length pic?

I have a Zegna sport coat in a very similar fabric. Not sure it would work as a suit though.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As Smitty said, Caruso construction is great. That said, I’m having a hard time visualizing this fabric as a suit. Do you a full length pic?

I have a Zegna sport coat in a very similar fabric. Not sure it would work as a suit though.
Yeah, total sport coat fabric. Suit might be entering Batman Villain territory.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Caruso and Lardini are the unsung heroes of Italian makers. Extremely well-made but not as pricey as Zegna and the other better known brands. Besides, both basically make wares for many makers.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
53CC327C-CEAB-437B-9A28-0357BBB5283F.png
C2A4B63D-4A8A-4BB7-B4D3-2F44884059FE.png

It’s tricky. Seems like something to wear at a garden party. Might be too peacockish for a work environment.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mirage-

Reaction score
I think Caruso and Lardini are the unsung heroes of Italian makers. Extremely well-made but not as pricey as Zegna and the other better known brands. Besides, both basically make wares for many makers.
My problem with Lardini is that it seems most of their own-brand jackets (at least those I've seen around, I assume there are pricier collections?) are polyester-lined. It boggles my mind why you would construct a nice jacket and then ruin it with poly lining, to save what, literally a couple euro per jacket over cupro/viscose?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My problem with Lardini is that it seems most of their own-brand jackets (at least those I've seen around, I assume there are pricier collections?) are polyester-lined. It boggles my mind why you would construct a nice jacket and then ruin it with poly lining, to save what, literally a couple euro per jacket over cupro/viscose?
I don't have any Lardini tailoring. Have pants, overshirts, etc. They used to make BB 1818 suits back in the day.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Protecting classism with their dying (halitotic) breath.

<shrug> Cue up every Dieworkwear article about cultural issues and clothes.

I'm perfectly okay with general "Please Don't be a Slob" rules. I'm also okay with marijuana legalization but don't really like smelling it everywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads