• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see the $1500 one they have available? Apparently good margins on sunglasses.
The real horn frames are always very expensive. I grabbed a pair of Oliver Peoples' Cary Grants and they were fairly pricey as were the Eyevan's I got a while back. Must be a Styleforum thing. Everything I like is expensive now. :bounce2:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moscots are pretty neat as well. I like their Lemtosh sunglasses. I think they are indie? I have a pair in black and was looking at one in blue when I stumbled on the OP Cary Grant's I mentioned above. They were a more subdued blue and much nicer.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting collaboration between Brunell Cucinelli and Oliver People’s:

Nice classic designs, imo.
The collab they did with the Row was also good, in retrospect should have gotten a pair of the round opticals from the SSENSE sale.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I'm a Morgenthal Frederics man these days. Their Benny Sun model to be precise. They are incredibly lightweight and durable (important for when I drunkenly sit on them).

I only wear sunglasses made in France or Japan because I'm insufferable. But at least I'm not *generically* insufferable.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered some Morgenthal Frederics in "crystal" at my local eyewear dealer. He only carries independent brands. In addition to classic styles at least 50% of his inventory is OTT flamboyant ("Why yes I am an artist") which makes browsing rather fun.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A really unfortunate ad for Zegna boots:

1635431153464.png

I miss the old days:

1635431256380.png

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and ordered this suit:

View attachment 1682099
It’s from the purple label 25th Anniversary collection. I really hope it works out.

So I got delivery of this suit, and it is a beauty.

Handwork everywhere (made by St. Andrews):

1635952435072.png

1635952528479.png

1635952549168.png

The measurements are interesting (this is the Ralph model).

On a 38R, the BOC length measures 29', but the shoulder measures 18.75. I'm about a 39R, which means that 18.25 is usually the sweet spot.

That said, the shoulder is constructed in a way that it doesn't look 'too big' - just broader (i.e. it doesn't hang off my shoulders). An 18.75 shoulder is usually seen on size 42.

And yes, there is a lot of shoulder padding.

Definitely a statement suit due to the silhouette. Would maybe wear this to the office, but more likely special special events.

I also have a lot of suits, and may sell this piece to fund a bespoke project.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1697017

View attachment 1697018

View attachment 1697019

On a 38R, the BOC length measures 29', but the shoulder measures 18.75. I'm about a 39R, which means that 18.25 is usually the sweet spot.

That said, the shoulder is constructed in a way that it doesn't look 'too big' - just broader (i.e. it doesn't hang off my shoulders). An 18.75 shoulder is usually seen on size 42.

Definitely a statement suit due to the silhouette. Would maybe wear this to the office, but more likely special special events.

How about pics of you wearing it?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

View attachment 1697017

View attachment 1697018

View attachment 1697019

how much did it come out in the end?

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting approach by Harry Rosen (a high-end men's boutique in Canada).

They've been very aggressive in getting people back to stores. They're giving out a credit of $250 for any/all purchases - no minimum spend required (i.e. free money). In addition, you get a $50 in credit back if you use at least $50 from the bonus credit.

I have until Sunday to use it, and trying to decide between a tie, or maybe a fragrance (e.g. Creed, TF). Or commission a pair of trousers from Samuelsohn.

All that said, I hope CM bounces back when/if things go back to normal.

FlowableFill

Reaction score
What do you think about this shirt wardrobe? Assuming it would be worn with odd jacket/trouser combinations and casual suits.
  • Light blue cotton/linen spread collar
  • Light blue Bengal stripe poplin spread collar
  • Grey reverse stripe oxford cloth spread collar
  • Red pencil stripe cotton/linen spread collar
  • Indigo denim/chambray spread collar
  • Light blue oxford cloth button down collar
  • Ecru oxford cloth button down collar
  • Light blue candy stripe cotton/linen button down collar
  • Washed denim button down collar
  • Lavender cotton/linen button down collar

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads