• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is a bit old now, but it's so cool to see Wooden Sleepers do a collab with J. Crew.

183076025_1989584947845845_1021478703670202822_n.jpg
180593552_478102670182265_601980976546904143_n.jpg

Last edited:

DoubleDouble

Reaction score
1620445591949.png

Between this pic and a recent fit from Greg of NMWA I feel like it's time for me to try wearing more trousers. Those are the Sal trousers from Eidos (Antonio era), while Greg's were Rota.

How do I even begin to think about trousers? What are the main concerns one should have choosing between Eidos, Rota, or something more affordable like S&M? Fabrics aside, they all sort of look the same to me ? especially among those three brands where the fit seems similar (from pictures).

I realize this is probably a newbie question so any links are appreciated!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hey look, a familiar face in The Rake Japan! Congrats to @Andy57 and his lovely wife!!

Google Translate doesn't translate the article perfectly for me, but it does a reasonably good job.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score

I thought Ambrosi pants regularly ran around $750~800 (these are ~$330 after taxes). Is this some sort of sub-line?

the sub-lineissue has me scratching my head lately too. I was looking at canali suits at Saks off 5th. They have the same description as the onessold at their primary store. Big discount.
but I cannot tell if it is the same quality as their flagship store, and is just overstock/last years line. Or if it is a sub line produced for their overstock store.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey look, a familiar face in The Rake Japan! Congrats to @Andy57 and his lovely wife!!

Google Translate doesn't translate the article perfectly for me, but it does a reasonably good job.

Thank you Derek! The article is a reprint (republish?) of an "Pocket Guide" article that ran in The Rake issue 73, last October. It was a lot of fun to do. Being in the middle of a pandemic, we took the photographs ourselves, with my iPhone 11 Pro. If noting else, it shows how far digital photography has come. Twenty years ago, if someone had proposed that photographs taken with a phone camera would be good enough to publish in a print magazine, the editors would have laughed in their face. And here we are.

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just received this wool and silk blazer. Thoughts on styling it would be appreciated. I'm wondering about a forest green grenadine fina tie. Pants colors?

BT86e1.jpg
BT845P.jpg

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
I am very sorry, but to me that would work best with an open flame. Did you not think about what it would go with before you ordered it?

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought Ambrosi pants regularly ran around $750~800 (these are ~$330 after taxes). Is this some sort of sub-line?

This should be the Ambrosini line which involves less handwork than his regular line offered by (some years ago) by the armoury and currently by cavour and other online retailers which is basically bespoke make but with rtw sizing.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
I just received this wool and silk blazer. Thoughts on styling it would be appreciated. I'm wondering about a forest green grenadine fina tie. Pants colors?

BT86e1.jpg
BT845P.jpg
Grey’ish pants? Maybe light blue’ish?
Light blue shirt?
Tie options could include a darker blue, a forest green grenadine could work, or I would try shades of brown.
Brown belt, brown shoes.

I don’t understand the animosity towards this jacket above. I think you have lots of options there. It’s just a windowpane check with a little color, is that not cool on style forum?

I like the green and blue paired with shades of brown. Sort of an earth tone feel to it.
I’m thinking this view is a good inspiration.
FF139581-028B-4053-B064-53D7B03AA10B.jpeg

Last edited:

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I like it, just needed some suggestions. The green windowpane may not be for every occasion, but I think it rocks for Spring and Summer. I have more conservative, houndstooth, windowpane and POW check jackets for when needed. Funny you post that pic, this was purchased specifically for a trip to either Honolulu or Antigua this Fall.

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I like it, just needed some suggestions. The green windowpane may not be for every occasion, but I think it rocks for Spring and Summer. I have more conservative, houndstooth, windowpane and POW check jackets for when needed. Funny you post that pic, this was purchased specifically for a trip to either Honolulu or Antigua this Fall.
That picture is my view right now. I read your post, looked up, and hit click on the camera phone.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BT86e1.jpg
BT845P.jpg

Light beige seems like the way to go. Something in linen or lightweight wool.

That’s a tough jacket to accessorize, I’m not even sure the Fabulous Lord Superb could that one off.

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s a tough jacket to accessorize, I’m not even sure the Fabulous Lord Superb could that one off.
I dont get this. It's navy with a neutral overcheck. Why would that be difficult to pair? Any light neutral trouser plus a white or light blue shirt would work fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads