• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some CM related things that I've been into:

IMG_0518.JPG

Richard Press recently released a new book about his time at J. Press. It's full of archival Ivy Style photos, many of which haven't yet been plastered all over the interwebs. The chapters are short and feel vaguely like the short stories you might hear from a clothier over coffee. The book is charming.

168938774_902581480476056_5021912445731123787_n.jpg
173496916_4207345239299077_1219731602878535003_n.jpg

The French magazine L'Etiquette is now available in English. I have some back issues in French, but since I can't read French, I treat them like my Japanese menswear publications. I think Simon at Permanent Style has written about the publication before. It's CM-adjacent and "young" in terms of its aesthetic sensibility, but I really like their style. There's a photo of GQ editor Sam Hine in this issue.

162844475_269833701252880_6291670482275860291_n.jpg
sZ3DM7A8.jpg

George at BRIO is developing a new motorsport-inspired casualwear line. He's also doing an in-house bespoke tailoring service with a Beijing-based tailor (his in-house tailor). Cut has a slightly extended shoulder line and a slightly swelled chest. I think it looks really good.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1596842

Richard Press recently released a new book about his time at J. Press. It's full of archival Ivy Style photos, many of which haven't yet been plastered all over the interwebs. The chapters are short and feel vaguely like the short stories you might hear from a clothier over coffee. The book is charming.

View attachment 1596840 View attachment 1596841

The French magazine L'Etiquette is now available in English. I have some back issues in French, but since I can't read French, I treat them like my Japanese menswear publications. I think Simon at Permanent Style has written about the publication before. It's CM-adjacent and "young" in terms of its aesthetic sensibility, but I really like their style. There's a photo of GQ editor Sam Hine in this issue.

View attachment 1596843 View attachment 1596844

George at BRIO is developing a new motorsport-inspired casualwear line. He's also doing an in-house bespoke tailoring service with a Beijing-based tailor (his in-house tailor). Cut has a slightly extended shoulder line and a slightly swelled chest. I think it looks really good.
Thanks, Derek. That is a very good post. I'm interested in all three topics. Also, the word "charming" is underused and I like to see it.

Man, I'm spending a lot of time on SF today!

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
He does have some amazing John Lobb Paris bespoke black captoe oxfords though.

i didn’t think John lobb Paris did bespoke? Is this a running joke where he was sort of a clown who would overstate things? Or just a joke in general abouthis bragging?

Either way. I chuckled.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1596842

As to the bolded, sounds like the drape cut. I've always wanted that Steed drape cut in OTR. I can't remember, but someone told me it's not possible. It looks like it has just enough structure to be flattering, but looks very comfortable.

I figure if the soft Neopolitan look has become commonplace and accessible, the same is doable for the drape cut.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i didn’t think John lobb Paris did bespoke? Is this a running joke where he was sort of a clown who would overstate things? Or just a joke in general abouthis bragging?

Either way. I chuckled.
They do bespoke and it's very expensive. I have 2 pairs of JLP bespoke shoes that I wear all the time. I'm hoping to get a 3rd pair in 2022.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meet you at the Drake's store when you are in NYC next.
Aiming to check out the Armoury's new place uptown and maybe finally pay NMWA a visit whenever that's Covid-possible.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stopped by the new Armoury shop for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Certainly very nice. There is a larger selection of tailored clothing at the downtown shop. The main advantage of the UES shop is the pop-up Real McCoy's section.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stopped by the new Armoury shop for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Certainly very nice. There is a larger selection of tailored clothing at the downtown shop. The main advantage of the UES shop is the pop-up Real McCoy's section.

or so much easier to get to..., I hope the tailoring side has comparable stock (and shoes)

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1596842

I ordered a copy of L'etiquette and they sent me the French language version?‍♂️.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads