• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C608EF40-22E1-4DEE-9A4A-1E93C39CE778.jpeg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. $1,500 for a grey polo shirt with "BRIONI" embroidered on the bottom looks very questionable.

Grey suit looks short and has a high buttoning point. Weird overlapping quarters. Also $5,000 for a RTW suit? =/

Yeah, $5k is within range for their handmade suits. They have a cheaper range with less handwork.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know. $1,500 for a grey polo shirt with "BRIONI" embroidered on the bottom looks very questionable.

Grey suit looks short and has a high buttoning point. Weird overlapping quarters. Also $5,000 for a RTW suit? =/

Thought you were against discussing pricing in fashion? (I do agree with the substance of your post, fwiw)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thought you were against discussing pricing in fashion? (I do agree with the substance of your post, fwiw)

I'm not against it, I just find it boring when discussions are nothing but pages and pages and pages of just people talking about prices, repetitively nonstop for months and sometimes years.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are guys whose first response to anything posted — ANYTHING — is literally always

“It’s too expensive.”

Every now and again is fine, but with some guys I feel as though I’m talking to my grandmother who remembers when a car was $50.
The current Gaziano and Girling thread is someone complaining that prices rose £45 after the 20% promotional sale. Now the thread devolved into name calling and shaming.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The current Gaziano and Girling thread is someone complaining that prices rose £45 after the 20% promotional sale. Now the thread devolved into name calling and shaming.
That is so awesome.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was I going crazy or GG got “relatively cheaper” (as in I felt EG/JL etc went up more in same period, since GG was launched in 2009?)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was I going crazy or GG got “relatively cheaper” (as in I felt EG/JL etc went up more in same period, since GG was launched in 2009?)
I’m pretty sure my only pair of G&G that’s like 8 years old now cost me around $1600 at the time of purchase from Leffot. Same shoes now would cost £1200 from G&G’s MTO program.

In comparison, the John Lobb Chapels were like $1600 10 years ago and now go for $1985 on the JL website.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought I remember when GG started around 1100-1200 when it first started?

edit: then it had a hike then just kind stay there while I felt EG/JL went up more in same period especially EG?

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys look elsewhere when prices for your favorite brands begin to creep past your cost threshold? I’ve given up on Edward Green now that their MTO program has pushed their Dover’s up to $2k.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you guys look elsewhere when prices for your favorite brands begin to creep past your cost threshold? I’ve given up on Edward Green now that their MTO program has pushed their Dover’s up to $2k.
I haven’t really bought as many shoes the past few years ever since I started doing bespoke. For awhile I was buying at least one new pair a year sometimes up to 3 pairs. Now I buy like 1 pair of bespoke shoes every other year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads