• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
British Pathe has some great clothing related videos. My favorite is this

I've always been uncertain as to whether I'd look well with patch pockets. Perhaps I've finally found a solution.

The, "Best suit of 1950," video is something that the internet threw at me through the dark arts of algorithms that I'm sure will someday make a more prosaic version of the things that I was exposed to watching too much Sci-Fi Channel as a boy become real. I was tickled by the vintage fifties earnestness of it.

And I liked the suit, especially the gauntlet cuffs. I'm a sucker for gauntlet cuffs, but I feel as though one has to be careful abut them.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The, "Best suit of 1950," video is something that the internet threw at me through the dark arts of algorithms that I'm sure will someday make a more prosaic version of the things that I was exposed to watching too much Sci-Fi Channel as a boy become real. I was tickled by the vintage fifties earnestness of it.

And I liked the suit, especially the gauntlet cuffs. I'm a sucker for gauntlet cuffs, but I feel as though one has to be careful abut them.

Yea, that's one of my favorite videos on that channel. That style later influenced the Teddy Boys, as you probably know. As soon as the "lower classes" picked it up, the original customers dropped it.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always associate gauntlet cuff with outwear and maybe dinner jacket, never knew it was a thing on suit at certain point

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I always associate gauntlet cuff with outwear and maybe dinner jacket, never knew it was a thing on suit at certain point

Nbarbar

Reaction score
There is a New Yorker article on these D&G event that is worth reading https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/09/21/the-couture-club/amp

They are fantastic spectacles and excellent marketing for a very niche group.

Guys, this is fantastic/hilarious (and a really interesting insight into how labels cater to their elite customers):

And check out the pictures!

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cuts are very :( and prices are very :oops:

I like the sweater, and the suit works for any occasion. I don’t know how nice the silhouette on the tailoring is, however. They don’t do a good job presenting them on the website.

I noticed they took down their campaign featuring Armie Hammer.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the sweater, and the suit works for any occasion. I don’t know how nice the silhouette on the tailoring is, however. They don’t do a good job presenting them on the website.

I noticed they took down their campaign featuring Armie Hammer.

I don't know. $1,500 for a grey polo shirt with "BRIONI" embroidered on the bottom looks very questionable.

Grey suit looks short and has a high buttoning point. Weird overlapping quarters. Also $5,000 for a RTW suit? =/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads