• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find linen handy as a pocket handkerchief because of its stiffness, which makes it easier to stuff, and also because the plain white goes well with everything. It can also be ironed.

I never wear a handkerchief like that unless I'm ready to offer it to someone or use it at a moment's notice, so linen and cotton are practical for anyone who doesn't fancy using silk to wipe up a mess. But if we do wear silk handkerchiefs, we mustn't be stingy.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
1) I am excited to ruin another thread
2) I've found the last like five months that a linen square is the way to go. Something about how strongly it pops makes it the best to me, and I usually hate white/black things.

Waddup Edina. Linen squares rock.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Out of all the years I have worn pockets square, I have worn 100% linen probably a couple dozen times. Silk mainly and occasionally cotton.

I dig the "temperament" of linen. It's spongier and more forgiving than cotton and much less stuffy than silk. As someone who's rarely in super formal environments, the light, erratic nature of linen seems ideal. That said, I can totally understand limited appeal in certain contexts.

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dig the "temperament" of linen. It's spongier and more forgiving than cotton and much less stuffy than silk. As someone who's rarely in super formal environments, the light, erratic nature of linen seems ideal. That said, I can totally understand limited appeal in certain contexts.

I have to say that I usually find linen and cotton easier for everyday use. It's probably because I never go for a perfect square fold, so it ends up looking crisp but also casual.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://instagram.com/themerchantfox?igshid=aau0jw49vjgv did you guys know Fox Brothers had developed their own label?
Yes, of course. It's on everything they sell on the website even if they don't make the end item themselves.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Brothers x Adidas

Fox-Brothers-adidas-Samba-Fox-Release-Date-0.jpg

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
X-Post from SW&D:

Does anyone have experience receiving a package shipped to the USA from Belgium via BPost Belgium?

Wonder how reliable and if it gets turned over to any of the US carriers once its enters the USA (final mile delivery)?

Also, were you tagged for duties (assuming over the threshold)? Thanks in advance.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to give up on this publication and not renew my subscription. Not a lot of substance to it and I found the last few issues very dull and not worth the fairly exorbitant price.

1615217304226.png

kaizerpi

Reaction score
Decided to give up on this publication and not renew my subscription. Not a lot of substance to it and I found the last few issues very dull and not worth the fairly exorbitant price.

View attachment 1569838

Yeah I enjoy the photography but its generally been more interesting to flip through while in the store that carries them then actually subscribing (and eventually recycling).

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WM Brown is a really cool idea, and I bought a couple of issues, but I'm just not sure if it's worth it at the price they charge. I know, I know, that's entirely subjective, but I agree with @smittycl; just not much substance there. But, beautiful photography, as @kaizerpi mentioned.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WM Brown is a really cool idea, and I bought a couple of issues, but I'm just not sure if it's worth it at the price they charge. I know, I know, that's entirely subjective, but I agree with @smittycl; just not much substance there. But, beautiful photography, as @kaizerpi mentioned.
I'm glad the writing in The Rake seems to have gotten a bit better (unless I'm just Covid-starved for entertainment and reading material that isn't news). WM Brown just seems like a weird business model. Expensive subscription rates to fund trips to then show us photos? Reminds me of Tom Sawyer and fence painting.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only saw the first couple issues but I remember the copy being very short or non-existent - with most of the focus on photography.

I guess that's the concept? A beautifully curated Instagram account but on a nice paper format

I think they both have a lot of experience with travel publications, which are often just that.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only saw the first couple issues but I remember the copy being very short or non-existent - with most of the focus on photography.

I guess that's the concept? A beautifully curated Instagram account but on a nice paper format

I think they both have a lot of experience with travel publications, which are often just that.

In one interview, he explicitly described it as Instagram in print (or words to those effect), which made it make more sense to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads