• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing that brand since you posted their collaboration with H&M. Have you tried their clothes? Are they any good? I dig their lookbooks and online presentation, but don't know much about the clothes.
The husband/wife brand is based in Rome but Gerardo is originally from the Amalfi coast. I met him briefly at Pitti, and at least in the way he presents himself, is one of my favorite representations of the classic Italian. As opposed to Luca’s jocular friendliness and demonstrably colorful color choices (which I also love), Gerardo generally sticks to canonical colors, is somewhat broodier, but still approachable. Classic post war silhouettes, but slightly 70s as reinterpreted by soft Neapolitan tailoring. I especially like how practically every photo of him is him really wearing his clothes, either moving around with his sleeves rolled up, or hands stuffed in his pockets with pleats splayed open wide. His hair is sometimes combed back, sometimes windblown, yet always awesome. Everything reflects a guy who is more concerned with how things fit and feel, rather than how things look.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The husband/wife brand is based in Rome but Gerardo is originally from the Amalfi coast. I met him briefly at Pitti, and at least in the way he presents himself, is one of my favorite representations of the classic Italian. As opposed to Luca’s jocular friendliness and demonstrably colorful color choices (which I also love), Gerardo generally sticks to canonical colors, is somewhat broodier, but still approachable. Classic post war silhouettes, but slightly 70s as reinterpreted by soft Neapolitan tailoring. I especially like how practically every photo of him is him really wearing his clothes, either moving around with his sleeves rolled up, or hands stuffed in his pockets with pleats splayed open wide. His hair is sometimes combed back, sometimes windblown, yet always awesome. Everything reflects a guy who is more concerned with how things fit and feel, rather than how things look.

It's a great vibe. The brand feels like a slightly more toned down, CM version of Ben Cobb's style. Less workwear, a little more refined, but still has that very sexy 1970s feel.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the brand?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone has personal contact to Paul Stuart should tell them to change how they show their picture, their old picture used to indicate some kind of fit (even though the jacket are a bit too short for the model), the new one is not quite Yoox bad, but in 5 season it will get there

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
imagine if Donald Trump declares bankruptcy and his clothes end up on LuxeSwap

I bet they'd go for billions, and billions, and billions...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of is Brioni jackets would make a good tent for most of us.

Encathol Epistemia

Reaction score
imagine if Donald Trump declares bankruptcy and his clothes end up on LuxeSwap

I'd be interested in examining them. It might even be entertaining to take them to a tailor for alterations. He never looks very well dressed to even though one would expect that he could've engaged a competent tailor. Then again, maybe that's not something that a man who thinks that the best way to sell things is to slap his name on it, even if it's steaks inexplicably sold at the Sharper Image, and has spent $ 70,000 to have his hair look like that doesn't put a priority on sartorial elegance.

I bet they'd go for billions, and billions, and billions...

No, that would be Carl Sagan's suits and the price would be paid by Seth McFarlane as a joke.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Paul Stuart Fall look book, not as good (IMO) as the say 2010 menswear era Phineas Cole (color/boldness wise), and got some odd stuff (most of the corduroy suit were too light colored/shining for me) but think it's good in general (if not a bit generic)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Paul Stuart Fall look book, not as good (IMO) as the say 2010 menswear era Phineas Cole (color/boldness wise), and got some odd stuff (most of the corduroy suit were too light colored/shining for me) but think it's good in general (if not a bit generic)
A little bit Trad? The "starting from" price thing is weird. Looks like they borrowed the color palette from Drake's.

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
at least the ties are done right vs. the whoever took the tie stand alone pictures

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads