• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweden does not (unfortunately in my view) require any kind of mask. I would like to buy a few so I have them handy in case that changes.

Any suggestions for fun options in Europe?

I really like what Rowing Blazers is doing, but the shipping kills it:

While this is a serious affair, there is no point in not making it as enjoyable as possible.

I would just stock up on surgical

Racing Green

Reaction score
I have these from 1st Pat-Rn which are good and from Europe. Out-of-stock at the moment but they re-stock all the time.
1597136749850.png

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if the answer is somewhere out there and I missed it, but what's going on with ed and pantaclothing.com? website doesn't load for me. always liked the guy and have some nice things from there...

I can't say for sure what the status of the company is overall, but I bought a great shirt from @edmorel several months back. This was through the B&S forum, not his site.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yes, but it would be nice to have som reusable masks as well. Those surgicals could run out.

I tried one that had decent review but felt the fit wasn’t that great (gap on the side, maybe it was designed for taller nose bridge?), so have just continue to stock up surgical...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a quandary for y'all: when getting trousers hemmed, how do you account for the vicissitudinal nature of Being? Do you pull them down slightly to account for the inevitability of them slipping off your hips – which is an approach at least one tailor has recommended – or do you set them with the waistline at its ideal position on your body? One risks them wearing slightly short, one risks them being slightly long. What about aspects such as the hem being hitched up when your hands are placed in your pockets?

I tried my best to follow @UrbanComposition's sage advice on where the hem should kiss a pair of loafers but appear to have come up a bit short based on how I, in fact, wear them.

I might add to this LBJ's statement that he fluctuated 10 lbs in weight. How does one even accommodate that kind of variability?

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a quandary for y'all: when getting trousers hemmed, how do you account for the vicissitudinal nature of Being? Do you pull them down slightly to account for the inevitability of them slipping off your hips – which is an approach at least one tailor has recommended – or do you set them with the waistline at its ideal position on your body? One risks them wearing slightly short, one risks them being slightly long. What about aspects such as the hem being hitched up when your hands are placed in your pockets?

I tried my best to follow @UrbanComposition's sage advice on where the hem should kiss a pair of loafers but appear to have come up a bit short based on how I, in fact, wear them.

I might add to this LBJ's statement that he fluctuated 10 lbs in weight. How does one even accommodate that kind of variability?
After I get pants hemmed kissing my loafers, I honestly don’t care anymore, exactly for the reason you state. I used to drive myself crazy trying to adjust my pants up and down throughout the day as I moved around, sat down, stood up, but I stopped.

if you do gain weight, pants have a tendency to ride up to the narrowest part of your waist and appear shorter. One of the auxiliary benefits of bespoke is that you pay so much for clothes it forces you to maintain your weight, or at least try.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get them hemmed just enough to kiss the shoes while standing and hopefully not pull up too much while sitting with legs crossed. Lots of variables. Fabric, cut, pantleg width, sticky OTC socks, etc. It will never be perfect in all situations unless you're a Golden Age Hollywood star who exists only in movies and carefully staged photos.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't say for sure what the status of the company is overall, but I bought a great shirt from @edmorel several months back. This was through the B&S forum, not his site.

glad you liked it :)

the site will (should) be back up around fall. Had some medical issues, then COVID hit etc. Thanks for asking, if you need anything before then you can reach out to me here via PM.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find you can't have both world, i.e. if it looks "perfect, no break" while standing still, then as soon as you move it is just a tad too short, especially given the slimmer leg opening these day it's a bit more obvious, so promptly wear and forget...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

the site will (should) be back up around fall. Had some medical issues, then COVID hit etc. Thanks for asking, if you need anything before then you can reach out to me here via PM.

glad to know all good know, are you still plain to stock pants/tie/scarves going forward or more stuff?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I get them hemmed just enough to kiss the shoes while standing and hopefully not pull up too much while sitting with legs crossed. Lots of variables. Fabric, cut, pantleg width, sticky OTC socks, etc. It will never be perfect in all situations unless you're a Golden Age Hollywood star who exists only in movies and carefully staged photos.

This, I get them hemmed with no break (kissing the top of my shoe) with the waist situated at my, uhh, waist (not pulled down…)

After that, ignore,

Set it and forget it.

Glad you're back. Look forward to seeing the new site.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This, I get them hemmed with no break (kissing the top of my shoe) with the waist situated at my, uhh, waist (not pulled down…)

After that, ignore,

Set it and forget it.

Glad you're back. Look forward to seeing the new site.
Is there a website I'm missing? Bought some fabric from Ed here on B&S but didn't know there was a separate site.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads