• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't the maker of Hermès and Drake's silk knitted (solid and spotted) ties the same one, Ascot?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't the maker of Hermès and Drake's silk knitted (solid and spotted) ties the same one, Ascot?
No idea. They might be. I have a few of the Hermès knit ties from years ago with the knitted tonal H at the bottom. Will be wearing mine next visit to the NMWA showroom and bringing along my mail order bride.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No idea. They might be. I have a few of the Hermès knit ties from years ago with the knitted tonal H at the bottom. Will be wearing mine next visit to the NMWA showroom.

You wouldn't find the knitted tonal H at the bottom on the Drake's ones but otherwise they should be the same.

And I'm almost sure that the knitted cashmere ties Hermès introduced a couple of years ago are made by Sozzi.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of the cashmere's ones.

corbata-tricot-de-cachemire--306068T%2007-folded-2-300-0-1700-1700-q50_b.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@clee1982 Charvet ties are awesome. Agree with @Gus that their knit ties are great. No one else does their color range.
I was in their Paris store last year and the colors were mind-boggling. Managed to hold myself to one burnt orange tie.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the cashmere's ones.

corbata-tricot-de-cachemire--306068T%2007-folded-2-300-0-1700-1700-q50_b.jpg
Not sure I like the return of these kind of ties. I wore them in college in the 80's but can't seem to get back into them.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About a year or so ago, I switched to wearing mostly knit ties. They work well for me, I enjoy wearing them, and I prefer them over most of my non-knit ties. Maybe David Coggins had some influence there, but whatever the case may be, my knit ties make me happier.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wear knit ties exclusively with my sport coats and navy suits.
I must have made my point improperly. I love knit ties. I just don't like the flat-ended sock ties. I have plenty of knits and Grenadines. Wear them constantly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics