• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

sid11111

Reaction score
Not wearing a tinfoil hat here. Was just pointing out my perception of a likely conflict of interest. Nothing shocking. I don’t begrudge them for trying to make a buck.
It's making a mountain out of a molehill that's what it is. You already admitted you didn't read the article before making your unfounded claims... Now it just seems like you're trying to save face.

Perhaps next time read more than just the article headline before insinuating a person's up to shady business? Then this whole conversation wouldn't have needed to take place.

rdhui2002

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this pattern? This is from scabal's Heroic catalogue
Originally I was trying to go for something classic and subtle,
but this caught my eye and I went ahead to make a 3-piece suit of it.
Is it too loud?
I don't want to look like a douche bag like the following pic..
Have I made a huge mistake?
Remember me guys?
They are ready for pick up this sunday

Attachments

• 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 1 (2).jpg
    1 (2).jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 139
  • 1 (3).jpg
    1 (3).jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 129

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@clee1982

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds' Liverpool in black. Believe it or not they are fairly dressy. I also have C&J Chelsea V in dark brown calf but they are rounded and not very dressy. Missed the lighter brown Chelsea VIIIs a few years ago and don't see them for sale now. The reddish-brown Chelsea IIIs look okay..

Any recommendations at the C&J level?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably easiest would be Carmina, Cobbler Union, J Fitzpatrick (in terms of in the US), or if you want to up budget then EG/GG/AM all *have dressy brown chelsea (don't remember about JL but assume so too)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
probably easiest would be Carmina, Cobbler Union, J Fitzpatrick (in terms of in the US), or if you want to up budget then EG/GG/AM all *have dressy brown chelsea (don't remember about JL but assume so too)
Not sure I'm willing to spend EG/JL money on boots. Never tried Carmina Chelsea's but their oxfords ran very narrow for me. Will check them out next time I'm in NYC. Shoes are annoying for me in that I have to try them on unless I know the maker and size have worked for me in the past.

Just got some C&J Harvard's in black calf from Ben Silver. Really liking them. C&J is only making them in dark brown cordovan and suede and I already have both.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume CJ 348 doesn't work for you then, otherwise you would have a brown chelsea as well

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I assume CJ 348 doesn't work for you then, otherwise you would have a brown chelsea as well
Only tried on the Chelsea V in 335 last. Will experiment more next time I'm in NYC.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chelsea 3 has quite a lot red in the brown and 236 is a not narrow but short last

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
also I thought J Fitzpatrik is trying to open a NYC pop up if not a full retail at certain point? their chelsea looks narrow though..., Carmina chelsea are on a lot last some are narrow (simpson) some are normal (rain)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by the way how do people wash sweater, asking for my wife she got spots on her favorite pure white cashmere sweater...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
by the way how do people wash sweater, asking for my wife she got spots on her favorite pure white cashmere sweater...
I started dry cleaning the really nice stuff. For knock-about stuff I wash in cold on delicate and dry flat.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no special hand wash product to recommend? she is worried about sending it to dry cleaners...

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads