• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find many of the short film clips interesting as it shows a lot of guys not dressing up/out at all.
I literally wore exactly the same stuff I wear to work everyday this time. Sweater, jeans or pants, suede jacket or basic parka. I feel like every Pitti, my fits converge a bit more towards the everyday stuff and diverge a bit more for the attention-seeking special pieces.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I literally wore exactly the same stuff I wear to work everyday this time. Sweater, jeans or pants, suede jacket or basic parka. I feel like every Pitti, my fits converge a bit more towards the everyday stuff and diverge a bit more for the attention-seeking special pieces.
I noticed you looked cool but not “extra” if you know what I mean. I saw you on two days but was not able to get your pic and I am mad about it

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed you looked cool but not “extra” if you know what I mean. I saw you on two days but was not able to get your pic and I am mad about it
Finding dudes in the crowd who were dressed cool but not flamboyantly, but also a bit more elevated in details was the hardest. That’s why I was mad I missed you those two times.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finding dudes in the crowd who were dressed cool but not flamboyantly, but also a bit more elevated in details was the hardest. That’s why I was mad I missed you those two times.
It’s very hard. The eye is easily attracted to the feathers and pink coats. It takes a lot longer to scan for something that isn’t so eye-catching but really good. I think that’s why a lot of street style photographers tend to shoot the same guys over and over again - they know the fit will be good just by catching their (known) face in the crowd

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s very hard. The eye is easily attracted to the feathers and pink coats. It takes a lot longer to scan for something that isn’t so eye-catching but really good. I think that’s why a lot of street style photographers tend to shoot the same guys over and over again - they know the fit will be good just by catching their (known) face in the crowd
WTF if you don’t know Greg’s face, what are you even there for @mossrockss ? Do you need to send another return?

BUUUUURRRRRNNNN

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife said she noticed some of the same faces in my pics. I really tried not to do that but you describe exactly why that happens.

Also, the sun is blinding and you cannot make out any details of anybody walking toward you. Day 1 was way easier bc it was overcast.

Also, Alex Pirounis is basically menswear Johnny Cash every single day, so it’s hard not to shoot him.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF if you don’t know Greg’s face, what are you even there for @mossrockss ? Do you need to send another return?

BUUUUURRRRRNNNN
No that’s the thing, I did every time, but it was always a split second too late to get a shot, or the thick crowd of people would get in the way and I was at the wrong vantage point.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No that’s the thing, I did every time, but it was always a split second too late to get a shot, or the thick crowd of people would get in the way and I was at the wrong vantage point.
Greg is always looking at his StyFo thread, so there’s your excuse.

PS my box arrived todayyyyyyyyyt!!!!!!!!

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yukio is a legend. And really nice. If you haven’t already, get Jaime Ferguson’s book THIS GUY because it has phenomenal photos of the dude (my favorites in the book, actually) and an interesting story of the man. I have a funny yukio/liverano story I’ll share that’s not in the book if I get the OK from Jaime.

tell me more about this photo yukio posted on instagram

norMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im guessing:"That was after the after party, and what happens at pitti stays at pitti."

vida

Reaction score
Dick Carroll is at home currently drawing comics of his coworkers at Pitti. He told me not to tell you this, but when he draws Alan See he always puts a bulge in his pants. I shouldn’t have to explain that.
You need to explain that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics