• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep! That was on his booth at MAN Paris. Most of the segments are also taken outside of Tranoi, Capsule and Man (Paris menswear trade shows)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pretty awesome.

That tie looks great, btw. I assume it's from his line.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it's from FW14

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^Great video. Unlike many blogger photos, most of these looks actually appear to be comfortable. They also remind me to get to the gym and skip donuts.

E TF

Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes Drakes' knitwear for them? It's really nice.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Lockie, last I checked...

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know who makes Drakes' knitwear for them? It's really nice.

It's been speculated in the past that Lockie is the maker of their cashmere cardigans, as the they used to have an identical looking one (the model doesn't show on Lockie's site ATM), which in turn seems to be the same one offered by Berk.

Presumably they have different makers for their different models, as some are 'Knitted in The Aran Islands', some are 'Knitted in the Scottish Borders', some are 'Knitted on the Shetland Isles', some are 'Knitted in Ireland', etc.

More speculation here.

Last edited:

E TF

Reaction score

Lockie, last I checked...

It's been speculated in the past that Lockie is the maker of their cashmere cardigans, as the they used to have an identical looking one (the model doesn't show on Lockie's site ATM), which in turn seems to be the same one offered by Berk.

Presumably they have different makers for their different models, as some are 'Knitted in The Aran Islands', some are 'Knitted in the Scottish Borders', some are 'Knitted on the Shetland Isles', some are 'Knitted in Ireland', etc.

More speculation here.

Thanks!

E TF

Reaction score
Put This On posted this nice video accompanying the exhibition at FIT. Worth watching.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am thinking of removing the shoulder pads in one of my suits. Someone kindly please try to convince me not to

If the person doing it is capable and can make the necessary compensating adjustments to the rest of the garment, go ahead.

I've had it done several times with great results.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I am thinking of removing the shoulder pads in one of my suits. Someone kindly please try to convince me not to

It is tricky. If you do it make sure it is done with a competent tailor. The shoulder seam will have to be pinned to make up for the extra space created by the absent pad. If that's not done the armhole and stance will lower.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads